Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Christmas Tree with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Christmas Tree.
Would you like to decorate a Christmas tree? You can learn how to draw an easy Christmas tree with the help of this step-by-step tree drawing tutorial.
This tree is very easy to draw. It is broken down into geometric shapes like triangles, rectangles, circles, and a star drawing on top.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Christmas trees are evergreen trees such as pine or spruce. This was because ancient peoples believed that these trees, which did not lose their leaves in the winter, had magical powers. You can learn how to draw a more detailed spruce tree here.
You can also add more detail to the ornaments and decorations. Learn how to draw Christmas ornaments including balls, bells, stars, and stockings. Use this Christmas present drawing to add plenty of gift-wrapped boxes under the tree.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Christmas Tree
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Christmas Tree for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin your cartoon Christmas tree outline by drawing the star on top of it. Use straight lines to craft the five-pointed star.
Easy Easy Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, extend two straight lines in an inverted “V” shape below the star. This forms the top of the tree.
Easy Easy Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 3
3. Use three connected, curved lines to attach one side of the “V” to the other. This indicates the edges of the tree’s boughs or branches.
Easy Easy Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 4
4. From the top segment of the tree, extend two straight lines. Then draw a short curved line at the end of each.
Easy Easy Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 5
5. Finish connecting the sides of the tree using a series of curved lines in a scalloped pattern. Then, extend two straight lines below this segment of the tree. Draw a curved line at the end of each straight line.
Easy Easy Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of curved lines to finish the scalloped pattern on this segment of the tree. Below them, extend two straight lines, and connect them with a curved line. This is the trunk of the pine tree.
Easy Easy Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, decorate the tree. Drape a pair of parallel curved lines across each segment of the tree. These represent ribbons or tinsel.
Add More Details to Your Easy Christmas Tree Picture - Step 8
8. Draw circular ornaments on the tree. Then draw a “J” shape intersecting one of the ribbons. This is a candy cane.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Christmas Tree Drawing - Step 9
9. Erase lines from the candy cane as needed. Fill in the rest of the tree with round ornaments of different sizes.
Color Your Easy Christmas Tree Drawing
Your easy cartoon Christmas tree outline is now complete. Color the decorations. Red and green are common Christmas colors, as is blue on a white tree. But many families use an amalgamation of ornaments featuring every color of the rainbow.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).