Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Devil with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Devil.
For centuries, the devil has been one of the most famous mythological characters. Some people see him as an evil monster, while others portray him as a playful mischief maker.
He's been the subject of countless books, movies, songs and TV shows, and is a central figure in major world religions like Christianity.
Even modern shows like "Lucifer" have offered their own takes on this tricky little creature.
No matter where you go, it seems like you can't escape the cartoon devil. But you can learn how to draw him, and make him a character in your own fictional stories!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
To follow this guide, you'll need a piece of paper and a pencil with a good eraser.
Drawing a cartoon devil can be a little challenging, so you'll also need some experience with drawing different lines and shapes.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Devil
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Devil for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start by drawing two curved diagonal lines facing away from each other. Draw two perpendicular lines that curl upward at the ends, then add a tuft of hair at the top.
Draw one curved line near the top of the cartoon devil's head, then add another curved line to complete the horn.
Easy Cartoon Devil Drawing - Step 2
2. Add a second horn using the same process, then draw two short straight lines above the brow.
Draw a large curved shape like the base of a large vase to complete the head. Use curved lines to complete the left ear.
Easy Cartoon Devil Drawing - Step 3
3. Add the second ear, then draw two half-moon shapes under the brow to create the eyes. Add a simple pig nose and use large curved lines to create a wide, beaming smile.
Easy Cartoon Devil Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw jagged lines inside the mouth to form the teeth.
Draw an L-shaped curved line a few centimeters under the head, then draw a straight line sticking out from the L. Use wavy curved lines to draw the left arm next to the body.
Easy Cartoon Devil Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two large bean shapes to form the hand. Add a square shape for the thumb, then draw two straight lines to form the staff.
Connect the base of the staff with a small curved line, then add two curved lines on the right to start the arm and shoulder.
Easy Cartoon Devil Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two more oblong bean shapes to form the right hand, with another rectangular thumb. Make two wide curved lines to form the arm, and connect it to the body with a straight line.
Draw the rest of the staff and make a sweeping curved line for the base of the pitchfork. Add two sweeping triangle shapes to the pitchfork.
Easy Cartoon Devil Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two parallel curved lines to form the inside of the pitchfork. Add two parallel straight lines in the middle, then top it off with a pointy arrow.
Form the rest of the body with two large curved lines, like the base of a wide bowl, and add the navel.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Devil Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a triangle between the space where the legs will be to form the loincloth. Add two small triangle shapes to attach it to the body, then draw a half-circle for the hoof.
Sketch a line in the center of the hoof to form a cleft. Attach the hoof to the body using two gently curved lines for the leg.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Devil Drawing - Step 9
9. Repeat the same process for the other leg and foot. Draw two sweeping curved lines with a pointy arrow on the top for the tail.
Now you have your devil! Erase any guiding lines and outline it in black with a pen or marker.
Color Your Cartoon Devil Drawing
Color your cartoon devil using your favorite crayons, markers, pens or colored pencils. Devils are traditionally red, but you can color your devil any way you wish.
For more great Fantasy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw Fantasy Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Devil Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).