Learn how to draw a great looking Chibi Spider-Man with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Chibi Spider-Man.
Spider-Man is among the most well-known comic book superheroes. He first appeared in the Marvel Comic Amazing Fantasy series in 1962.
Spider-Man's superpowers were the result of a bite from a radioactive spider.
The chibi or "super deformed" artistic style is characteristic of Japanese anime and manga.
The characters are small and chubby, with their heads making up about one-third of their height. Chibi character's features make them childlike and cute.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of Spider-Man in chibi style? This easy, step-by-step cartoon superhero drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished character.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Chibi Spider-Man
How to Draw a Great Looking Chibi Spider-Man for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Spider-Man's face. Use a long curved line to outline the head. Note the contours of the cheeks and chin.
Then, draw the eyes. Use two curved lines to outline each eye, gently pointed at the inner corner, and sharply pointed at the outer corner. Then, draw a matching shape within each eye.
Easy Chibi Spider-Man Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to sketch Spider-Man's muscular chest, abdomen, and arm. Note how the series of curved lines are used to contour the muscles.
Draw a curved "V" shaped line near the top of the arm. Then, draw Spider-Man's spider logo in the center of his chest. Enclose an elongate round shape for the body, and use curved "L" shaped lines for the legs.
Easy Chibi Spider-Man Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw Spider-Man's arm, ready for web-slinging. Draw two curved lines to form the arm. At the bottom, draw a curved line to form the gloved wrist.
Use curved lines to draw the outstretched thumb, pinky, and pointer fingers. Enclose overlapping ovals for the middle and ring fingers.
Easy Chibi Spider-Man Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to outline the remaining lower arm and hand. Band the arm with a curved line to indicate the end of the glove.
Easy Chibi Spider-Man Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a long curved line and double it back upon itself to enclose each leg and foot. Note the contours that give the legs a muscular appearance.
Also, notice that the legs overlap, and one lower leg overlaps the upper leg.
Easy Chibi Spider-Man Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the spider web pattern across Spider-Man's face. Start by drawing a small pentagon between the eyes.
Extend curved lines from its corners to the edges of the face. Then, draw curved lines between these.
Easy Chibi Spider-Man Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the web pattern on Spider-Man's gloves. Draw a curved line down the center of the hand and wrist. Draw curved lines on each side of this line, and across each of the fingers.
Add More Details to Your Chibi Spider-Man Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the spider web pattern on Spider-Man's chest and shoulders. Draw vertical curved lines across his body. Then, draw shorter curved lines between them.
Complete the Outline of Your Chibi Spider-Man Drawing - Step 9
9. Band the legs with a thick curved line to indicate the top of the boots. Then, draw the web pattern on the boots.
Draw one or more curved lines down each boot, with shorter curved lines between and one each side. Contour the knees with short curved lines.
Color Your Chibi Spider-Man Drawing
Color your chibi Spider-Man cartoon. He wears a red and blue Spidey suit.
Would you like draw more anime and manga? See more easy anime drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Chibi Spider-Man Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).