Learn how to draw a great looking Chibi Supergirl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Chibi Supergirl.
“I can’t let that stop me from helping the people that need my help. And doing the good that I can do. And you could do a lot of good too. You’re part of my family now. And all heroes are welcome.”
Supergirl - just like her cousin, the Man of Steel, Kara Zor-el was sent to earth from the dying planet Krypton.
The difference? She arrived as a teenager. The ultimate "new kid," Supergirl must navigate adolescence while also learning to control her super strength, ability to fly, and other superpowers.
Supergirl made her first DC Comics appearance in 1959. Since then, she has starred in numerous television series, feature films, comic books, graphic novels, animated series, and merchandise.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cute chibi style cartoon of Supergirl?
Chibi animation uses large heads, large eyes, and small bodies to give characters an adorable childlike appearance.
This easy, step-by-step chibi cartoon drawing guide is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Chibi Supergirl
How to Draw a Great Looking Chibi Supergirl for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Supergirl's face. Use thick curved lines to outline the eyes, gently pointed at the corners. Within each eye, draw successively smaller circles. Shade between the two smallest to indicate the pupil. Then, use curved lines to draw the nose and smiling mouth.
Easy Chibi Supergirl Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline the face, hair, and neck. Notice the bulge of the brow and cheek, and the point of the chin. Note, too, the sweep of the hairline and the pointed lock of hair. Use curved lines to form the eyebrows.
Easy Chibi Supergirl Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline Supergirl's hair. On one side of the head, use wavy curved lines. On the other, draw individual locks using pairs of curved lines that meet at sharp points.
Easy Chibi Supergirl Drawing - Step 4
4. Texture the hair with curved lines.
Easy Chibi Supergirl Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin sketching Supergirl's upper body. Draw a triangle at the shoulder, forming the top of the cape. Then, use curved lines to draw the arm, hand, and side. Band the wrist and shoulder with curved lines.
Easy Chibi Supergirl Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the opposite side of the torso. Again, draw a rounded triangle to form the cape, and use overlapping curved lines for the chest, stomach, arm, and fist.
Easy Chibi Supergirl Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a pair of "V" shaped lines across the bottom of the torso, and connect them at each end. This is the top of Supergirl's skirt. Extend curved lines from each side, and connect them with a series of overlapping curved lines. Texture the fabric with curved lines running down its length.
Add More Details to Your Chibi Supergirl Picture - Step 8
8. Use pairs of curved lines to outline Supergirl's legs and feet. Draw a curved line across each leg to indicate the top of the boot.
Complete the Outline of Your Chibi Supergirl Drawing - Step 9
9. Use long curved lines to sketch the cape, flowing in the wind. Then, draw the Superman logo on Supergirl's chest.
Color Your Chibi Supergirl Drawing
Color your chibi Supergirl. She typically has blonde hair and wears a red, blue, and yellow suit.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Chibi Supergirl Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).