Learn how to draw a great looking Cute Dog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cute Dog.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cute dog cartoon? Well, you’re barking up the right tree!
This easy, step-by-step canine drawing guide will help you master the cute dog outline.
Everyone loves the playful antics of a cute dog. We pet their bellies and boop their noses.
But why are dogs so cute?
Some scientists say it's because we find them childlike. Dogs, even when they are adults, have large heads and big, expressive eyes.
They like to play and be cuddled. They even have the language comprehension of a small child, understanding perhaps hundreds of words.
So, the experts say, perhaps they trigger "human's nurturing and protective instincts." And that's what we do - we feed them and care for them.
Whatever the reason, videos and school supplies featuring images of cute dogs are here to stay.
Join the party by learning how to draw this cute pup!
See also, For Beginners: Draw A Realistic Dog.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute Dog
How to Draw a Great Looking Cute Dog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cute dog outline by drawing the dog’s snout or muzzle. Enclose the nose, a rounded shape with a gentle point at the bottom. Extend a wide, rounded “W” shaped line below it.
On one side, let the arm of the “W” curve around to meet the side of the nose. Use another curved line for the lower jaw, and place short lines at the corner of the mouth.
Easy Cute Dog Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the dog’s eyes. Use curved lines to create the triangular shapes. Connect the far eye to the nose with a curved line, and contour the same between the eyes with short lines.
Easy Cute Dog Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a long curved line from the top of the snout over the eyes to form the top of the head.
Easy Cute Dog Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the cute sitting dog’s fluffy ear. Use a series of long and short curved lines that meet at sharp points. Contour the ear with additional curved lines.
Easy Cute Dog Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend curved lines from the ear and snout to outline the neck and shoulders. Contour the base of the head with short lines.
Outline the ear on the opposite side. Again, use lines of various lengths that meet at points.
Easy Cute Dog Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue the line at the dog’s side to begin sketching the foreleg. Draw a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points to indicate the furry chest.
From the chest, extend another curved line to complete the leg. At the bottom, double the line back on itself so that it overlaps the previous line, enclosing the leg and forming the paw. Detail the toes with curved lines.
Easy Cute Dog Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining front leg, using curved lines that meet at points. Again, double the inner line back upon itself to enclose the leg and form the paw.
Band the paw with lines to indicate the toes. Since the dog is sitting, the rear legs will be bent. Outline the first using two curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Cute Dog Picture - Step 8
8. Outline the remaining leg and paw using curved lines. Contour the toes and the bend of the leg with short lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Cute Dog Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cute dog outline by drawing the tail - two curved lines that meet at a point - and the belly, a curved line between the front feet.
Color Your Cute Dog Drawing
Color your cartoon of a cute dog sitting. We’ve shaded ours in the blonde tones of a golden retriever.
With the long hair of its ears, this pup could easily pass for a retriever or a cocker spaniel, like Lady from Disney’s Lady and the Tramp.
For more easy and cute animal drawing tutorials, see the collection of Fun Drawings of Furry Animals for Kids.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Discover How to Draw Dogs with Easy Tutorials page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cute Dog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).