Learn how to draw a great looking Fireplace with Christmas Stockings with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fireplace with Christmas Stockings.
"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there." You can create this cozy scene when you learn how to draw a fireplace with Christmas stockings.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, a sheet of paper, and this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Christmas stocking traditions come from a legend that St. Nicholas filled socks drying by a fire with coins because he knew the family head would refuse charity.
Today, stockings are very much a part of the commercial aspect of this holiday.
When complete, you can hang up your drawing with care to make a fun, homemade decoration!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fireplace with Christmas Stockings
How to Draw a Great Looking Fireplace with Christmas Stockings for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the fireplace with Christmas stockings outline by drawing the fireplace. Draw two curved lines connected on each end. This is the mantle or top of the fireplace.
Below this, use a series of curved lines to enclose a scalloped shape. This is the grate around the fire.
Use additional curved lines to enclose a rectangle below the mantle and a semicircle for the hearth at the base of the fireplace.
Easy Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a series of rounded squares in a circular shape above the grate. This is the opening of the fireplace. Enclose irregular, elongated shapes at the bottom of the opening. These are the logs.
Easy Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing - Step 3
Easy Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing - Step 4
4. Finish enclosing the first stocking with a curved line, then draw a "C" shaped line for its opening. Draw the second stocking in a similar way.
Easy Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a third stocking. Again, use curved lines to draw the sock, and erase as necessary.
Easy Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw objects on the mantle. On each side, enclose a partial semi-circle. These will become the bases of candles.
In the center, draw a clock. Start with a circle within a circle for the clock's face. Use teardrop shapes for the clock's hands. Outline the entire clock with a curved line.
Easy Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the melting candles. Use a series of curved lines for the irregular cylindrical shapes. Then, draw a small wick and a teardrop-shaped flame on top.
Add More Details to Your Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points to enclose greenery behind the clock. Draw rounded rectangles on the front of the fireplace to give it a brick texture.
Complete the Outline of Your Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the stockings - stripes on one, a circular patch on another. Then detail the hearth. Use curved lines to give it a three-dimensional appearance, and decorate the grate with a flame-like pattern.
Color Your Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing
Your fireplace with Christmas stockings outline is now complete. Color your cozy picture.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fireplace with Christmas Stockings Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).