Learn how to draw a great looking Funny Taco with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Funny Taco drawing.
Fast food chains such as Del Taco and Taco Bell have popularized the taco, and it is now synonymous with Tex-Mex food. Tacos are a traditional Mexican dish made by wrapping a tortilla around various fillings. The dish itself predates European colonization of Mexico; early indigenous peoples ate tacos filled with fish.
Tacos vary by region. In the United States, tacos are often hard corn tortillas filled with ground beef, sour cream, and lettuce. Mexican street tacos typically consist of a variety of meats - beef, chicken, pork, sausage, or seafood - folded into a double corn tortilla and topped with onions, cilantro, and lime juice. Breakfast tacos may be filled with eggs.
The origin of the word taco is much disputed, but it is possible that it comes from the use of the word meaning "plug" in the mining industry. Explosive "plugs" or "tacos" used in mining were papers folded around gunpowder.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In popular culture, the taco often symbolizes Mexico or the Latin American culinary style. The popular Shopkins line of children toys also features taco-themed characters, such as Taco Terrie and Rainbow Bite.
Would you like to draw a funny cartoon taco? This easy, step-by-step drawing guide is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, a sheet of paper, and perhaps colored pencils, markers, or crayons to color your finished drawing.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Funny Taco
How to Draw a Great Looking Funny Taco for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a half circle, open to the bottom. This outlines the basic shape of the taco.
Easy Funny Taco Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line from one side of the taco to the other. However, do not attach the line on one side. Instead, allow it to extend beyond the half circle. Then, connect the two lines at a sharp point using a short, curved line. This completes the outline of the front of the taco shell.
Easy Funny Taco Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another long, curved line in the shape of a half circle. Extend the line from the top of the taco to the point on the front corner. This outlines the far side of the taco shell.
Easy Funny Taco Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw toppings, such as lettuce, emerging from the top of the taco. For each, use one or two curved lines to enclose either a rounded or pointed shape.
Easy Funny Taco Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw toppings such as lettuce and meat on the other side of the taco. Again, use curved lines to enclose both round and pointed shapes.
Easy Funny Taco Drawing - Step 6
6. Finish filling the taco with toppings such as meat and lettuce. Use curved lines to make rounded shapes, and pairs of curved lines to enclose pointed shapes.
Easy Funny Taco Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase guide lines from the toppings as necessary. Draw a line to form a central vein on some of the lettuce leaves.
Add More Details to Your Funny Taco Picture - Step 8
8. Give your taco a silly face. Begin by drawing two small circles to form eyes. Draw an even smaller oval within each eye, and shade between the two shapes. Above each eye, use two short, curved lines to enclose a curved shape, pointed on one end. This indicates the eyebrows.
Complete the Outline of Your Funny Taco Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a wide, "U" shaped line to form the taco's smiling mouth. Detail the mouth by placing a short, curved line at each end. Then, use an additional "U" shaped line to enclose the protruding tongue. Detail the tongue by drawing a line down its center.
Color Your Funny Taco Drawing
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Best Things to draw Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Funny Taco Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).