Learn how to draw a great looking Halloween Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Halloween Cat.
This cartoon Halloween cat drawing helps you celebrate in your own special way.
While many people believe that black cats bring bad luck, this cat in a pumpkin drawing is friendly and likable just like black cats in real life.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Once you've completed your drawing, you can create your own Halloween stories. Maybe this cat is actually a ghost in their own Halloween costume.
Use a pencil to sketch your cat in a pumpkin drawing before you color it in. If you have it, use blank paper instead of notebook paper so the lines don't show through.
You and your cartoon Halloween cat are going to have so much fun together, especially if you draw them a friend.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Halloween Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Halloween Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with two off-kilter ovals like eggs. Draw circles inside the ovals and fill them in, then sketch a smaller oval with a pointed bottom.
Draw a wavy W shape with a straight line in the middle to complete the mouth. Beneath the mouth, add a curved line.
Easy Halloween Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch two round triangles for ears. Connect them with a curved line, then add whiskers and short dashes above the eyes.
Easy Halloween Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a triangle inside each ear, then draw sketchy lines like blades of grass. Use similar sketchy and pointed lines on either side of the face to capture the fur's soft texture.
Easy Halloween Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a curved line underneath the head. Draw overlapping curved lines like hooks, then use larger curved lines to complete the paws. Make sure the paws overlap the first line that you drew.
Easy Halloween Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a wide curved line on either side of the drawing to start the pumpkin. Add shorter curved lines underneath, and outline fur underneath the cat's chin.
Easy Halloween Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Add three rounded triangles inside the pumpkin. Complete the bottom of the pumpkin with a final curved line.
Easy Halloween Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. For the mouth, draw two parallel curved lines and connect them with straight lines at the ends. Draw ovals inside the shape, and erase the bottoms to make the jagged mouth.
Add More Details to Your Halloween Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines inside the eyes, nose and mouth to give them depth.
Complete the Outline of Your Halloween Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Repeat the previous step to complete the mouth, then sketch curved lines to give the cartoon pumpkin texture.
Color Your Halloween Cat Drawing
Outline your cartoon cat in a pumpkin drawing with black, and erase the stray pencil lines.
To complete your cartoon Halloween cat, color the outline with black for the cat's fur and white highlights.
Use shades of orange for the pumpkin, including darker and lighter shades for the shadows and highlights.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Halloween Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).