Learn how to draw a great looking PS4 Controller with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect PS4 Controller.
The DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller is the newest in a long line of video game controllers.
PlayStation released its first video game console in 1994.
Since then, it has released second and third generation consoles, culminating in the current PlayStation 4, or PS4.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The game controller, as its name suggests, allows the player to manipulate or control characters and objects within the game.
Older controllers plugged into the console via a cord, but modern controllers operate wirelessly.
The PS4 controller combines a touch screen, buttons, and joysticks. This type of controller is also called a gamepad or a joypad.
It is held with both hands, and the player uses their fingers and thumbs to operate the various controls.
Other video game systems, such as the Xbox and Nintendo Switch, use similar controllers.
Some PC games will even accept USB versions of these controllers.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of a PS4 controller?
This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a PS4 Controller
How to Draw a Great Looking PS4 Controller for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a rectangle with rounded corners. This shape is central to the controller, representing the touchpad.
Easy PS4 Controller Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two large circles beneath the touchpad. These will hold the left stick/L3 button and the right stick/R3 button.
Easy PS4 Controller Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the controller, connecting the screen and the stick buttons. Notice the indentations to the immediate left and right of the touchscreen. Draw curved lines across the bottom lobes of the controller.
Easy PS4 Controller Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw large circles - slightly larger than the previous circles - on each side of the touchscreen. These circles will soon house a plethora of buttons. Then, draw two short straight lines from the top of the controller on each side of the touchscreen. Connect each set with a curved line. These are the L1 and R1 buttons, a type of shoulder button.
Easy PS4 Controller Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw four rounded pentagons in a "t" shape within the left-hand circle. These are the directional buttons. In the other circle, draw four smaller circles.
Easy PS4 Controller Drawing - Step 6
6. Adorn the four small circles with their button markers. Draw an equilateral triangle in the top circle, a circle in the right-hand circle, an "X" in the bottom circle, and a square in the left-hand circle.
Easy PS4 Controller Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a small oval to the left of the touchscreen. This is the "SHARE" button. Draw another to the right. This is the "OPTIONS" button. Then, draw a series of small shaded circles beneath the screen, four in the first row, three in the second, and two in the third. This represents the speaker.
Add More Details to Your PS4 Controller Picture - Step 8
8. Within each of the stick button circles, draw two successively smaller circles. These indicate the joysticks.
Complete the Outline of Your PS4 Controller Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a small circle between the joysticks. Within it, use straight and curved lines to sketch the stylized letters "P" and "S" that make up the Play Station logo.
Color Your PS4 Controller Drawing
Color your PS4 controller. Many come standard in jet black, but Sony offers this controller in more than 30 colors, including a limited edition translucent deep blue; the teal and magenta Berry Blue; Glacier White; red, green, or blue camouflage; Wave Blue; Magma Red; gold; silver; Sunset Orange; red, blue, and clear crystal; Steel Black; Midnight Blue; Metallic Copper; Alpine Green; Titanium Blue; Electric Purple; and Rose Gold. Skins and cases make even more colors possible!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
PS4 Controller Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).