Learn how to draw a great looking Santa Hat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Santa Hat.
A Santa suit is the costume of a person portraying the character of Santa Claus.
In America, this usually consists of boots, red pants, and a red coat with white fur trim. Another integral part is the Santa hat, also red with white trim.
This design is attributed to the artwork of Thomas Nast, published in the magazine Harper's Weekly.
It has also been used prominently in advertising by the Coca Cola Company.
The cap is called a nightcap. Men's nightcaps in cold northern Europe were often long and pointed, with a ball on the tip similar in some ways to the modern beanie.
It was long enough to keep the back of the neck warm, much as a scarf does.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Elves and gnomes were also said to wear this type of cap. One of its most famous wearers was Ebenezer Scrooge, the main character of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol, who was visited at bedtime by the Ghosts of Christmas Past.
Would you like to draw a cartoon Santa hat? This easy, step-by-step cartoon Christmas hat drawing tutorial can show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, pen, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper. Make sure you have something with which to color it red!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Santa Hat
How to Draw a Great Looking Santa Hat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two long, overlapping curved lines to sketch the top of the hat.
Easy Santa Hat Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the previous long curved line. Then, draw a long and a short curved line that meet to form a "Y" shape. This outlines the opposite side of the hat.
Easy Santa Hat Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a series of connected curved lines. This begins the "fur" trim around the hat's opening.
Easy Santa Hat Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to draw the furry texture of the connected curved lines. This should enclose the top of the hat.
Easy Santa Hat Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw connected "U" shaped lines, this time outlining the side and beginning the bottom of the trim.
Easy Santa Hat Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to draw the trim using a series of short, connected, curved lines.
Easy Santa Hat Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw the series of connected curved lines until the outline of the hat's trim is complete. Then, draw curved lines that meet at gentle points to begin drawing the ball or pom-pom at the tip of the hat.
Add More Details to Your Santa Hat Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to draw the pom-pom, using a series of connected curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Santa Hat Drawing - Step 9
9. Completely enclose the pom-pom. Notice how on each side, the furry appendages point in opposite directions.
Color Your Santa Hat Drawing
Color your cartoon Santa hat. Most Christmas hats are red with white trim.
Next, how about drawing Santa Claus himself?
Or, you could draw more hats in anime and other styles.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Man-Made cartoons Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Santa Hat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).