Learn how to draw a great looking Skull Heart with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Skull Heart.
Once you know how to draw a heart shape, you can draw all kinds of different designs, including this cartoon skull heart that gives this Valentine's Day symbol a Halloween twist.
This spooky skull heart drawing looks like it came from an alien instead of a human.
Surprise a friend who loves creepy things, or make scary decorations when Halloween arrives.
If you look at a real skull, you'll see that both sides are practically symmetrical. Keep both sides straight and even to make your cartoon skull heart look as realistic as possible.
You can fold your page in half and hold it up to the light to make sure that your skull heart outline looks even on both sides.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Once you've drawn your skull heart outline, use colored pencils, crayons, markers or oil pastels to fill it in. Colored pencils are easier to use than markers because you can shade the drawing more easily.
You could also draw patterns on the skull to create a piece inspired by a Mexican holiday called the Day of the Dead.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Skull Heart
How to Draw a Great Looking Skull Heart for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a large heart shape in the middle of the page. Instead of completing the shape, draw a wavy line that resembles a wide hook.
Easy Skull Heart Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an identical line on the right, then sketch oblong shapes with round corners for the eye sockets.
Easy Skull Heart Drawing - Step 3
3. Make an upside-down heart shape for the nose. Draw parallel lines above the eye sockets to give them more depth.
Easy Skull Heart Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch more lines throughout the skull. On the bottom left, draw an uneven line to start the jaw.
Easy Skull Heart Drawing - Step 5
5. Add a curve to the left, then sketch an identical line from the previous step on the right. Draw loose, overlapping shapes like fingers.
Easy Skull Heart Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the jaw with more finger shapes on the left.
Easy Skull Heart Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw hills above the finger shapes to enclose the teeth.
Add More Details to Your Skull Heart Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat step 7 with the teeth on the right.
Complete the Outline of Your Skull Heart Drawing - Step 9
9. Add short lines to give the teeth more depth.
Color Your Skull Heart Drawing
Use a black pen or marker to complete your skull heart outline.
Now that you've finalized your drawing, color the skull heart outline with light shades of gray. Keep the teeth white, and use white for the highlights on the top of the skull.
Use dark gray for the nose and eye sockets to show the depth inside your cartoon skull heart.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Cute Heart Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Skull Heart Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).