Learn how to draw a great looking Voodoo Doll with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Voodoo Doll.
They're cute, fun and scary, and perfect for Halloween--although you can draw a voodoo doll at any time of the year.
A good drawing of a voodoo looks like a real plushie, with small stitches and a soft fabric-stuffed body.
A tuft of hair and a pair of buttons for eyes completes the drawing. This adorable cartoon voodoo doll will look great hanging up in your room or classroom.
Just don't base it on a real person, because they probably won't be too happy when they see it!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This step-by-step tutorial will show you exactly how to draw your own cartoon voodoo doll so you can make up your own fictional stories.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Voodoo Doll
How to Draw a Great Looking Voodoo Doll for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a slightly elongated circle, leaving an open space at the top. In the middle of the circle, draw a single curved line like you're drawing a peach.
Easy Voodoo Doll Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a tuft of hair to fill in the opening at the top of the circle. To do this, draw a variety of U-shapes and curved and pointed lines that are connected together. Add a few small lines inside the hair to show texture.
Easy Voodoo Doll Drawing - Step 3
3. For the right eye, draw a circle with a smaller circle inside it. For the left eye, draw an oval shape so that the button appears to be tilted at an angle.
Draw a second oval inside it, then draw two straight lines outside the button and connect them with a curved line to add depth.
Easy Voodoo Doll Drawing - Step 4
4. For the thread in the left eye, draw two slightly curved lines and connect them with a small black splotch at the ends so the thread appears to be sewn into the button.
For the right eye, draw two diagonal lines with a set of opposite-facing lines beneath them to create an X.
Again, connect the lines with black splotches at the ends. For the mouth, draw several diagonal lines in a V pattern. Don't connect the lines--allow for small gaps so the lines look like stitches.
Easy Voodoo Doll Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a large curved line underneath the head, then add two smaller lines to create the body.
Draw a set of parallel lines near the center of the body, then add a horizontal curved line near the bottom to create depth. Add a heart shape positioned to the right beneath the head.
Easy Voodoo Doll Drawing - Step 6
6. For the left arm, draw two sweeping curved lines and add a third line to form the arm.
For the right arm, draw a curved line and an irregular slightly curved line, then connect them with another curved line at the bottom. Add a parallel line near the left side of the arm.
Easy Voodoo Doll Drawing - Step 7
7. Make an oblong, vaguely round shape where the right leg will be. Add a parallel curve near the bottom of the foot, then a small upward curve to add dimension.
Draw a straight line to make the bottom of the left leg, then draw a perpendicular curve for the bottom of the foot.
Round out the top of the foot, then add a straight line to connect it to the body.
Add More Details to Your Voodoo Doll Picture - Step 8
8. Now it's time for the fun part: the stitches! Draw diagonal lines and crosses along the seams of the voodoo doll. Keep the lines irregular to give them a loosely stitched appearance.
Complete the Outline of Your Voodoo Doll Drawing - Step 9
9. Add the stick pins by drawing straight lines that stick out from the doll, then topping off the lines with an oval shape.
Draw short lines where the pin makes the fabric to show that the needle is piercing the cloth.
Color Your Voodoo Doll Drawing
Your drawing is complete! Now all you have to do is add color. Use your favorite colors to bring your cartoon voodoo doll to life.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Voodoo Doll Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).