Learn how to draw a great looking Bowser from Super Mario Bros with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Bowser from Super Mario Bros.
"Koopa Pack, attack!"
- Bowser, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
Bowser is a fire-breathing Koopa, a turtle-like creature native to the game world. Along with his Koopa Troopas, Bowser has repeatedly tried to take over the Mushroom Kingdom and kidnap Princess Peach.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The Mario franchise and its characters have long been pop culture icons. One video game designer said, "Super Mario is equivalent to the Big bang of our gaming universe.
If it were not for this blindingly spectacular creation, digital entertainment as we know it today would not exist." As such, Bowser and his counterparts have appeared in numerous video games, cartoons, movies, comic books, live "on ice" performances, and merchandise.
Did you know? In the original Japanese release of Super Mario Bros., Bowser's name was Kuppa or Koopa. In the English game release, he was named Bowser after the American inventor Sylvanus Bowser.
Would you like to draw the villainous Bowser? This easy, step-by-step video game character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Bowser from Super Mario Bros
How to Draw a Great Looking Bowser from Super Mario Bros for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Bowser's face. Use a half circle for the top of the head. Then, use a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the lumpy nose and jaw. Use curved lines to outline the rectangular inside of the mouth. Draw triangular teeth along the top and bottom of the mouth. Use short lines to indicate the nostrils.
Easy Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose the irregular shape of Bowser's eyes and his bushy, pointed eyebrows using curved lines. Inside the eyes, draw a circle within a circle. Shade the smaller to indicate the pupil. Extend curved triangles from sides of the head to form the horns. Draw a curved line around the base of one horn. Next, use curved lines that meet at points to sketch the hair and the rim of the turtle-like shell. Finally, draw a long, curved line to form the top of the shell.
Easy Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw triangular spikes emerging from the shell, erasing guide lines as necessary. Draw a curved line around the base of each.
Easy Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Bowser's outstretched arm. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the palm and fingers. Draw curved triangles to indicate the claws. Draw the bottom of the arm using a straight line, and band it with curved lines. Add triangles or circles to every other band to indicate the spikes.
Easy Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a series of overlapping curved lines to form Bowser's underbelly.
Easy Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 6
6. Use overlapping curved lines to outline the remaining hand and fingers. Draw triangular claws, erasing guide lines as necessary. Use curved lines to form the arm. Band the arm with curved lines, forming a bracelet. Draw triangular spikes on the bracelet.
Easy Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 7
7. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch Bowser's leg, bent at the knee, as well as his foot. Draw curved, triangular toenails or claws on the tip of each toe.
Add More Details to Your Bowser from Super Mario Bros Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line to complete Bowser's shell. Then, extend two lines to form the tail, allowing them to meet at a gentle point. Draw triangular spikes on top of the shell.
Complete the Outline of Your Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to sketch the remaining leg, complete with triangular claws.
Color Your Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing
Color Bowser. He is typically green, red, yellow, and white.
You can find plenty of other video game heroes and villains among our characters drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Bowser from Super Mario Bros Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).