Learn how to draw a great looking Christmas Snoopy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Christmas Snoopy.
"It was the night before Christmas, 40 below, when Snoopy went up in search of his foe." - "Snoopy's Christmas," song by The Royal Guardsmen
Would you like to learn how to draw Christmas Snoopy - your favorite cartoon canine wearing a Santa hat and holding a present? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Snoopy's first Christmas special was A Charlie Brown Christmas, which debuted in 1965. In it, Snoopy's doghouse wins a Christmas decorating contest.
Other Peanuts Christmas specials included It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales and I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown. Snoopy, of course, played a starring role in each.
During the 1960s, the band The Royal Guardsmen released a Christmas song featuring one of Snoopy's most famous alternate identities - that of a World War I flying ace facing off against the Red Baron. In the song, the two enemies put warfare aside to enjoy a Christmas truce.
See also, Simple Tutorial To Draw A Realistic Dog.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Christmas Snoopy
How to Draw a Great Looking Christmas Snoopy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Snoopy's face. Use a curved line to outline his muzzle. Then, shade small ovals for the nose and eyes. Draw a wide "U" shaped line to form the smiling mouth.
Easy Christmas Snoopy Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two curved lines across Snoopy's forehead, and connect them on each end. This is the brim of Snoopy's hat.
Draw a curved line descending from the brim - this will become the pointed top of the hat. Then, use a curved line to outline Snoopy's ear.
Easy Christmas Snoopy Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to complete the outline of the hat. At the tip, draw a circle. Use a curved line to complete Snoopy's head and neck.
Easy Christmas Snoopy Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a pair of curved lines across the neck, and connect them with short lines on the sides. This is Snoopy's scarf.
Then, draw the arm using a pair of curved lines. Begin drawing the fingers using "U" shaped lines.
Easy Christmas Snoopy Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete Snoopy's hand and fingers using overlapping curved lines. Then, draw the end of the scarf blowing in the wind.
From the neck and arm, extend a pair of curved lines, and connect them at the end. Draw short lines along the end of the scarf to form the fringe.
Easy Christmas Snoopy Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the gift that Snoopy is holding. First, draw a bow. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose the knot and sides of the bow.
Then, use a series of lines that connect at points to outline the three-dimensional box.
Easy Christmas Snoopy Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to detail the texture of the bow, draw ribbons on each side of the package, and sketch the corners of the box within the outline. Below the gift, draw Snoopy's stomach using a curved line.
Add More Details to Your Christmas Snoopy Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to complete the torso and enclose the leg, foot, tail, and a spot on Snoopy's back.
Complete the Outline of Your Christmas Snoopy Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Snoopy's remaining foot and leg. Detail the toes with short curved lines.
Color Your Christmas Snoopy Drawing
Color your cartoon of Snoopy. He is white with black spots.
For more great Dog drawing tutorials, see the 50 Step-by-Step Dog Drawing Guides post.
For more easy and cute animal drawing tutorials, see the collection of Creative Ideas for Drawing Furry Animals for Beginners.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Get Started on Drawing Dogs with Simple Steps page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Christmas Snoopy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).