Learn how to draw a great looking Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street.
"Every town has an Elm Street."
- Freddy Krueger
Freddy Krueger is the villain of the franchise, said to represent the neglect of children.
He is the spirit of a child serial killer who "kills his victims by invading their dreams and is given to incongruously humorous wisecracks."
His weapon of choice is a glove with long, talon-like razors. He wears a characteristic fedora and has burned, scarred skin.
While in the dream-world, Krueger is almost invincible. When pulled into the real world, however, he too can be killed.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The Freddy Krueger character, also known as "the Springwood Slasher," became a playable character in the video game Mortal Kombat in 2011.
He is also one of the title characters in the film Freddy vs. Jason. Freddy was named the "14th-greatest villain of all time" by Wizard magazine.
Did you know? The famous actor Johnny Depp made his film debut in A Nightmare on Elm Street, cast "a teenager eaten by his own bed."
Would you like to draw a cartoon of Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street?
This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
If you liked this drawing tutorial, see also the following guides: Corpse Bride drawing, Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare before Christmas drawing, and Pennywise drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street
How to Draw a Great Looking Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an irregular oval shape. This will become the brim of Freddy's fedora-style hat. Then, use a curved line to enclose the irregular shape of the crown of the hat.
Easy Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing - Step 2
2. Erase the bottom of the hat's brim to make room for the head. Draw a curved line across the bottom of the hat to indicate the opening.
Then, use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the face. Notice the bulges of the ear, cheek, brow, and pointed chin.
Easy Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the face. Outline the shape of the eyes using curved lines. Within each, draw a series of successively smaller round shapes. Shade the smallest to indicate the pupil.
Use curved lines to outline the nose and detail the inside of the ear. Use a long, curved line to enclose the irregular shape of the mouth.
Draw a curved line across the middle of the mouth, and shade small triangles on each end of it. This forms the teeth that are showing in a snarl.
Easy Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two curved lines below the face to form the neck. Draw two "C" shaped lines at the base of the neck, forming the shirt collar. Band the collar with short curved lines.
Easy Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to sketch the shoulder, arm, and side of the torso. Notice the overlapping lines that indicate wrinkles in the fabric.
Easy Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining arm, shoulder, and side using overlapping curved lines. Note the bend at the elbow. Again, notice the overlap of lines that indicates wrinkles in the fabric.
Easy Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to enclose Freddy's wrist and the back of his hand.
Add More Details to Your Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Picture - Step 8
8. Erase four small portions at the top of the hand to make room for the claw-like fingers. Use curved lines that meet at a point to form each finger.
Erase lines where the fingers overlap the face as necessary. Then, draw a curved line across the middle of the finger.
Complete the Outline of Your Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to enclose uneven, irregular blotches all over Freddy's face.
Color Your Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing
Color Freddy Krueger. Then, check out our other cartoon character drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).