Learn how to draw a great looking Frosty the Snowman with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Frosty the Snowman.
"Frosty the Snowman was a jolly happy soul, with a corncob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal.
Frosty the Snowman is a fairytale they say. He was made of snow but the children know how he came to life one day.
There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found, for when they placed it on his head he began to dance around."
- "Frosty the Snowman" by Gene Autry, 1950
Following the success of the song "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," country artist Gene Autry recorded "Frosty the Snowman."
This song recounts the tale of a snowman brought to life by a magical hat. He plays with the children until the sun becomes too hot and he has to leave.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Frosty the Snowman was adapted into a Little Golden Book in 1950, and a cartoon film in 1969, to be followed by several sequels, including Frosty's Winter Wonderland, Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July, and The Legend of Frosty the Snowman.
In the first sequel, Frosty gets married to Crystal the snow-woman and has two snow-children.
A three-minute black and white Frosty the Snowman cartoon has been a Christmas staple for WGN-TV since 1955.
Two cities in New York - White Plains and Armonk - have laid claim to Frosty as his "home town." In fact, Armonk hosts an annual parade dedicated to Frosty.
Would you like to bring Frosty the Snowman to life? All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, a sheet of paper, and this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Frosty the Snowman
How to Draw a Great Looking Frosty the Snowman for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form Frosty's head.
Easy Frosty the Snowman Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line across the top of Frosty's head. Then, draw an oval shape around his head, like a halo. This will from the brim of his silk hat.
Easy Frosty the Snowman Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw two lines upward from the brim of the hat. Connect them at the top using a curved line. This forms the crown of the hat. Then, cross the bottom of the crown with a curved line, forming the hat band.
Easy Frosty the Snowman Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase the guide lines from the hat and head.
Easy Frosty the Snowman Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved line across the bottom of the head. Then, draw an oval shape around the bottom of the head. Notice the overlapping curved lines on one side of the oval shape. This forms Frosty's scarf. Then, draw two parallel curved lines descending from one side of the scarf. Connect them using a curved line.
Easy Frosty the Snowman Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase guide lines from the scarf.
Easy Frosty the Snowman Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two long curved lines downward from the scarf. Connect them at the bottom with a slightly curved line. This forms Frosty's body.
Add More Details to Your Frosty the Snowman Picture - Step 8
8. Draw two curved lines at the bottom of the snowman; enclose each shape using a nearly straight line, forming Frosty's feet. Use a series of curved lines to craft Frosty's arms and hands. Draw parallel lines to form the broomstick, and curved lines for the base of the bristles. Use straight lines and "V" shaped lines to craft the tip of the broom. Erase any guide lines as neccessary.
Complete the Outline of Your Frosty the Snowman Drawing - Step 9
9. Add details to your drawing. Draw a flower on his hat using a small circle for the center and curved lines to enclose the petals. Erase guide lines as neccessary. Decorate the scarf with wavy lines, and draw Frosty's face. Use "U" shaped lines to form the smiling mouth, and ovals for the eyes and nose.
Color Your Frosty the Snowman Drawing
Color Frosty the Snowman.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Step-by-Step Drawing Ideas Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Frosty the Snowman Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).