Learn how to draw a great looking Harry Potter with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Harry Potter.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Harry Potter is a fictional character created by British author J. K. Rowling. The character debuted in a 1997 novel, to be followed by a number of sequels and movies.
On his eleventh birthday, orphaned Harry discovers that his mother and father were a witch and a wizard, and that he, too, shares this destiny. The story follows his adventures in school and beyond. He attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the book and film series Harry Potter.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The Harry Potter franchise has been wildly popular. It has grown to include merchandise, games, a stage production, theme park rides, and release parties for each new book and movie.
Would you like to draw Harry Potter? This easy, step-by-step character drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil or pen and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Grim Reaper, Elf, and Witch.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Harry Potter
How to Draw a Great Looking Harry Potter for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by using a long curved line and a short curved line to outline the chin and ear.
Easy Harry Potter Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the hair. For each lock of hair, draw two curved lines that meet in a sharp or gently point. Notice that the lines, and therefore the locks, are of different lengths. Overlap the curved lines, following the rouned shape of both the hairline and the top of the head. Continue to draw locks of hair until the hair is completely enclosed.
Easy Harry Potter Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the shirt collar and the scarf. For the collar, enclose three irregular shapes just below the head. From the collar, extend two roughly parallel lines downward. Connect them at the bottom with a short line. From this, extend many short lines, forming the fringe of the scarf. Connect the portions of the collar using a curved line, and double it back upon itself to enclose the remainder of the scarf.
Easy Harry Potter Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the jacket and the arm. Extend two long curved lines downward from the scarf. Use shorter curved lines to craft the tip and inner side of the sleeve. Texture the folds of fabric using short lines. Then, use connected, narrow, "U" shaped lines to enclose the fingers and hand. Then, use curved lines to enclose the remainder of the jacket.
Easy Harry Potter Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a horizontal curved line from the jacket to the scarf to indicate the bottom of the shirt. Then, enclose two triangle shapes beneath this to indicate the tails of the undershirt. Extend two sets of curved lines to form the legs; connect them at the bottom using curved lines. Detail the folds of fabric using short lines. Finally, use curved lines to complete the outline of the jacket.
Easy Harry Potter Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to enclose the shape of the shoes. Notice the lines parallel to the bottom of the shoes than indicate the soles.
Easy Harry Potter Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining arm using curved lines. Detail the folds of the fabric, especially at the elbow, using short lines. Outline the hand using curved and "U" shaped lines. Extend two lines from the hand, allowing them to meet in a gentle point, to form the wand. Draw large circles for the eyes, with a curved line to indicate the eyebrow above each. Sketch in the lightning bolt shaped scar above one eye.
Add More Details to Your Harry Potter Picture - Step 8
8. Detail the face. Draw the eyes behind the glasses. Use curved lines to detail the ears, form the mouth and nose, and connect the glasses. Use straight lines to form the glasses' earpieces.
Complete the Outline of Your Harry Potter Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the letter "H" on the shirt, and stripe the scarf using curved lines. Draw short lines extending from the tip of the wand.
Color Your Harry Potter Drawing
Color your character.
Complete your cast with our selection of people drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Harry Potter Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).