Learn how to draw a great looking Jesus' Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Jesus' Face.
Jesus is a revered leader in the Christian religion. Many people have a picture of him in their homes. You can learn how to draw Jesus’ face - or at least one version of what he might have looked like.
Jesus was born about 2,000 years ago. His mother was the virgin Mary. According to Christian teachings, he was the Son of God, sent to the Earth to teach people and die as a ransom for their sins.
Interestingly, even people who do not believe this about Jesus admit that he was a masterful teacher who had a lasting effect on humanity. In fact, he is considered to be one of the three most influential people in history.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What did Jesus really look like? The truth is, no one really knows. The Bible - the primary source of information on Jesus' life - does not contain a description of his appearance.
Likely, he resembled other people from where he lived and of Jewish descent - tan skin, dark hair, dark eyes, and a beard.
This cartoon shows Jesus as he is depicted in many Medieval European paintings. But even those artists hadn't seen Jesus.
They lived hundreds of years after his life and death.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Jesus' Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Jesus' Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Jesus’ face outline by drawing the almond-shaped eyes. Use two lines to sketch each eye, pointed in the corners.
Then, draw two partial circle shapes inside each eye. Shade the smaller ones to indicate the pupils. Next, draw a curved line above each eye to form the eyelid.
Easy Jesus' Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to draw the bushy eyebrows, the furrow between them, the bridge of the nose, its nostrils, and its tip.
Easy Jesus' Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to sketch the lips. Then, use a series of connected lines of different lengths to sketch the texture of the beard. Allow the lines to meet at points.
Easy Jesus' Face Drawing - Step 4
Easy Jesus' Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the top of the beard along the cheeks, again using a series of short curved lines. Texture the length of the beard with additional lines. Then, draw long, sweeping lines in an "M" shape above the head. From the center of the "M," draw additional lines to the legs of the "M." These lines form the hairline.
Easy Jesus' Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Use long curved lines to continue drawing the hair. Notice how the lines overlap, giving the hair volume. Sketch the ears between the hair and the face, and contour the cheeks with overlapping lines.
Easy Jesus' Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw overlapping curved lines, making the hair long. At the bottom, allow lines to meet, forming pointed locks.
Add More Details to Your Jesus' Face Picture - Step 8
8. Finish enclosing the hair, using lines that meet at points to form the locks. Use additional curved lines to texture the part in the hair, draw and contour the neck, and form the garments.
Complete the Outline of Your Jesus' Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Jesus face outline by texturing the hair and clothing using curved lines.
Color Your Jesus' Face Drawing
Color your cartoon of Jesus’ face.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Jesus' Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).