Learn how to draw a great looking Snoopy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Snoopy drawing.
The beloved comic and cartoon character Snoopy first appeared in Charles M. Schulz's Peanuts newspaper comic in 1950. He is the pet beagle of Charlie Brown, and his other friends include a small yellow bird named Woodstock, as well as Franklin, Lucy, Linus, Schroeder, Peppermint Patty, and Sally. He loves a circus dog named Fifi.
Snoopy is no ordinary dog. He writes novels that are never published, and imagines himself in a number of personalities, including college student Joe Cool and the World War I Flying Ace who frequently battles the Red Barron. In his dreams, his doghouse becomes an airplane known as the Sopwith Camel.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Snoopy has been seen in nearly 3,000 different newspapers in 75 countries. Snoopy's dialogue has been translated into 21 languages. Although new Peanuts comics have not been produced since 2000, reprints of past adventures continue to be published in nearly every U.S. newspaper. Numerous animated movies featuring this candid canine have been produced, the most recent being The Peanuts Movie (2015). In 2002, TV Guide named Snoopy and Charlie Brown together as 8th in their "50 Greatest Cartoon Characters of All Time."
Would you like to draw Snoopy? Doing so is easier than ever with this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial. This easy drawing guide uses simple shapes, lines, and shading to create a finished drawing. All you will need is a pencil, a piece of paper, and an eraser. You may also want to have colored pencils, crayons, paints, or markers handy to color your finished drawing. Soon, Snoopy will have a starring role in your own brand of comics.
If you're ready to be the star of the show, it's time to draw an easy guitar.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Snoopy
How to Draw a Great Looking Snoopy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This will outline Snoopy's head.
Easy Snoopy Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a long, curved line from beneath the head, enclosing an irregular shape. The shape should be narrow at the top, forming the neck, and wider and flat at the bottom, forming the body.
Easy Snoopy Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Snoopy's arm. Do so by drawing a long, curved line, beginning at the neck. Allow the line to pass outside the body, then curve back in toward it. Draw a second finger by connecting a "U" shaped line to the first. Then, draw another curved line upwards from the finger, completing the hand and arm.
Easy Snoopy Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Snoopy's foot. Begin by drawing a curved, horizontal line beneath the hand. From this line, draw a long, curved line upward, curving to enclose the toe. Draw a second toe beside the first using a "U" shaped line, then extend another curved line from the toe, outside the body, and to the bottom of the figure, completing the toes, foot, and leg.
Easy Snoopy Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Snoopy's hand resting on his chin in a thoughtful position. Draw a series of connected, curved lines to form his arm and fingers.
Easy Snoopy Drawing - Step 6
6. Refine the outline of Snoopy's head. Using the oval as a guide, draw a long, curved line to detail the shape of his snout, ear, and neck.
Easy Snoopy Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the guide lines from Snoopy's arms, legs, and head.
Add More Details to Your Snoopy Picture - Step 8
8. Draw an oval across Snoopy's ear to form a spot. Draw two curved, parallel lines across his neck to indicate a collar, and use an elongated "U" shaped line to enclose his tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Snoopy Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a small circle for Snoopy's eye, and an oval for his nose. Above the eye, use two curved lines meeting at points on each end to form his eyebrow.
Color Your Snoopy Drawing
10. Color Snoopy. He is typically depicted as a white dog with a black tail, ear, and nose, wearing a red collar.
Snoopy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).