Learn how to draw a great looking Steve from Minecraft with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Steve from Minecraft drawing.
Minecraft is a sandbox video game - in other words, players build environments and objects using different blocks in a three-dimensional world.
Players are given much freedom of play, as there are no specific goals to accomplish as in most video games.
The player is the character controlled during the game. Two of the default player "skins," or designs, are known as "Steve" and "Alex."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Steve is larger and represents the male character, while Alex has long hair and is of a slighter build, representing the female character.
Though the names were originally intended as a joke, their popularity won them official recognition in the game.
Steve's popularity has resulted in numerous books (often "unofficial" works of fan fiction), fan-made videos on Youtube, clothing, and other merchandise.
Toys based on the character include Lego building sets, plush toys, action figures, and costumes.
You can bring Steve to life with the help of this simple, step-by-step Minecraft drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser. You may also wish to color your finished drawing. Watch out for those creepers!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Steve from Minecraft
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a square to form Steve's face. Then, draw short, straight lines emerging diagonally from three of the square's corners. Connect these using straight lines. This forms the cube shape of Steve's head.
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a rectangle overlapping the bottom of the cube. Then, draw short straight lines emerging from two of the rectangle's corners. Connect them using a straight line. This forms Steve's three-dimensional torso.
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase guide lines from the torso.
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Steve's leg, erasing guide lines as necessary. First, draw a rectangular shape at a diagonal angle, overlapping the bottom of the torso. Notice that the top of the rectangle has a notch, a partial trapezoid shape. Draw diagonal lines from two of the rectangle's corners, and connect them with a straight line, giving the leg a three-dimensional shape. Finally, band the bottom of the leg with a series of straight lines.
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the second leg. Draw a rectangular shape, but with a notch in the top line. Then draw short straight lines from two of the corners, in the direction of the existing leg. Connect them with a straight line. Use a series of straight lines to band the bottom of the leg.
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a narrow rectangle at a diagonal angle to the torso. This will form the arm. Extend short straight lines from three of the corners, and connect them using straight lines. Band the top of the arm with straight lines.
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a diagonal rectangle on the opposite side of the torso. Extend short straight lines from two of the corners. Connect these and the torso using straight lines.
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 8
8. Detail the face and torso. Outline the hair, neck, and top of the pants using series of straight lines. Notice the block-like, pixelated effect.
Steve from Minecraft Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the face, arms, and torso, again using series of short straight lines for a pixelated effect. Notice how the features of the face are created using small squares.
Complete Steve from Minecraft Drawing
Color Steve. Typically, he has dark brown hair, blue eyes, a light blue shirt, and blue jeans. Then, check out our characters drawing guides, where you'll find creepers, Endermen, and more.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Simple Things to draw Ideas post.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).