Learn how to draw a great looking Boat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Boat.
Would you like to sail away on your own boat? This easy, step-by-step boat drawing guide is your dream come true.
The boat in this drawing is called a sailboat because it is powered by the wind and two large, triangle-shaped sails.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Boats are usually less than 45 feet or 14 meters in length. Larger boats are known as ships. You can learn how to draw a ship here.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Boat
How to Draw a Great Looking Boat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon boat outline by drawing the hull. Outline the top of the hull with a short straight line and two long curved lines that meet at a sharp point, forming a flattened teardrop shape.
Then, enclose a nearly parallel shape around the first.
Easy Boat Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend two curved lines below the top of the boat, one diagonal and one nearly vertical. Then texture the wood with horizontal curved lines.
Easy Boat Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose the shape of the hull with waves beneath it. Use a series of curved lines that meet at points. Draw more waves at the front and back of the boat.
Easy Boat Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a straight, horizontal horizon line above the boat's hull. Then, draw more waves on the water's surface, using curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Boat Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend two vertical straight lines from the middle of the boat. Connect them at the top with a short line, and erase lines from between them.
This is the mast that supports the sails. Then, draw rectangle-shaped seats inside the hull. Draw a straight line from the back corner of the hull to give the boat a three-dimensional shape.
Easy Boat Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend two vertical straight lines from the middle of the boat. Connect them at the top with a short line, and erase lines from between them. This is the mast that supports the sails.
Then, draw rectangle-shaped seats inside the hull. Draw a straight line from the back corner of the hull to give the boat a three-dimensional shape.
Easy Boat Drawing - Step 7
7. Use long curved lines to enclose the first of the triangular sails between the mast and the boom.
Add More Details to Your Boat Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the second triangle-shaped sail using long curved lines between the mast and the boom. Then, stripe the sail with horizontal curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Boat Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to enclose fluffy cumulus clouds in the sky.
Color Your Boat Drawing
Your cartoon boat outline is now complete. Color your sailboat. We've shaded the hull with brown like wood. Often the sails are white or brightly colored.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Boat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).