Learn how to draw a great looking Canoe with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Canoe.
The native peoples of the Arctic used canoes called kayaks, that consisted of animal skins stretched over wooden or bone frames. Dugout canoes - those carved from a fallen log - have been used by the peoples of North America, Africa, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands.
These canoes were used for transportation, carrying goods, hunting, and fishing.
Today, canoes are most often used for sports and recreation. They may be made from wood, plastic, aluminum, or fiberglass. In addition to paddles, some canoes are designed to utilize a removable motor or sail.
Canoes have often been pictured in art and animation. One famous example is the "Just Around the Riverbend" musical sequence in Disney's Pocahontas, in which the title character paddled a canoe down a river.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon canoe? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Canoe
How to Draw a Great Looking Canoe for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Use a long curved line to outline the hull of the canoe.
Easy Canoe Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a second curved line, meeting the first line at points on each end. This fully outlines the shape of the canoe.
Easy Canoe Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line across the top of the canoe, meeting the previous lines at the same points. This outlines the gunwale or top of the canoe's side.
Easy Canoe Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw curved lines across the top of the canoe, giving it depth and adorning the canoe's inner side.
Easy Canoe Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw three straight parallel lines between the two sides of the canoe, and connect them on the ends. This is the thwart, a crossbeam that gives strength to the canoe's structure.
Easy Canoe Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw three straight, parallel lines between the two sides of the canoe, forming a second thwart. Connect the lines at the end.
Easy Canoe Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw curved lines across the hull of the canoe, giving the texture of planks of wood.
Add More Details to Your Canoe Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the canoe's paddle. Draw straight parallel lines on the outside of the canoe, erasing as necessary. Use a curved line to enclose a curved shape at the top of the paddle.
Complete the Outline of Your Canoe Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the paddle's blade, erasing as necessary. Extend a curved line from the paddle's shaft and double it back upon itself. Then, draw a "V" shaped line at the top of the blade.
Color Your Canoe Drawing
Color your cartoon canoe. Wooden canoes could be brown or painted any color. Fiberglass and plastic canoes often come in many bright colors, including red, yellow, blue, orange, and green.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Canoe Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).