Learn how to draw a great looking Buttercup with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Buttercup.
Would you like to draw a bouquet of spring flowers? This easy, step-by-step buttercup drawing guide is here to help you get started.
This drawing guide features a wildflower often known as a buttercup for its bright yellow color. It has five petals and serrated leaves.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Wild buttercups are native to North America and bloom during the spring and early summer. They avoid being consumed by deer or cattle grazing in meadows because all parts of the plant are mildly poisonous.
Want to draw a whole garden full of simple, colorful flowers? Check out this forget me not flowers drawing guide for pink and blue blossoms, or learn how to draw dogwood flowers - wildflowers that come from a tree.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Buttercup
How to Draw a Great Looking Buttercup for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon buttercup outline by sketching the flower's fuzzy center. Use a series of curved lines that meet at gentle, jagged points.
Easy Buttercup Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue drawing the jagged curved lines in series until you've completely enclosed the round shape.
Easy Buttercup Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a series of "U" shaped lines inside the flower center, forming a partial circle shape.
Easy Buttercup Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw more "U" shaped lines inside the flower center. Then, begin enclosing large, heart-shaped petals around it.
Easy Buttercup Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue drawing overlapping heart-shaped petals until they are five in number. Then, extend a long curved line downward to begin sketching the stem.
Easy Buttercup Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another curved line parallel to the first. At the base of the stem, extend another pair of curved lines and allow them to meet at a sharp point. Then, begin sketching the leaf. Use a series of curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Buttercup Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to sketch the deeply lobed leaf, using curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Add More Details to Your Buttercup Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a curved line on the opposite side of the stem, forming another leaf vein. Enclose the leaves around it, using curved lines that meet at points. Draw curved lines from the stem of the original leaf, forming smaller veins.
Complete the Outline of Your Buttercup Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more small veins in the original leaf. Then, texture the flower's petals with curved lines.
Color Your Buttercup Drawing
Your cartoon buttercup outline is now complete. Color the flower's petals and center bright yellow, and its leaves and stem green. You can make the center slightly darker than the petals.
For more great flower drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Flower Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Buttercup Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).