Learn how to draw a great looking iPhone with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful iPhone.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw your own iPhone? Now you can draw one and decorate it with the help of this cartoon object drawing guide.
Have you ever wondered how we got from no phones at all to today's iPhone in a little over 100 years? Consider this brief history.
The first acoustic telephone was developed in 1672, operating much like toys consisting of two tin cans connected by a wire. It wasn't until the 1800s, however, that the first telephone cables were laid.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
These spanned the Atlantic Ocean and allowed telegraph messages in Morse code between Europe and America.
In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell invented the modern telephone, allowing speech to be transmitted electronically. Wired telephones became popular during the 1900s - first in public places, and later in individual homes.
The first commercial cellular network - 1G Generation - was launched in 1981. Cell phones at that time were described as "bricks." During the 1990s and 2000s, cell phone designs became smaller and flip phones were developed.
Today, touchscreens are the norm, and most people use a smartphone. For many, the smartphone is also their primary computer.
The Apple iPhone is one of the most popular brands. It was first released in 2007, and nearly 2 billion have been sold around the world. The technology used to develop the iPhone has also enhanced drones, home appliances, watches, self-driving cars, and more.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Radio, PS4 Controller, and TV.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an iPhone
How to Draw a Great Looking iPhone for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the cartoon phone and its screen. Start by drawing a large rectangle with rounded corners. This outlines the device.
Then, within the first rectangle, draw a slightly smaller rectangle. Notice the bulge at the top of the screen; use additional straight lines to create this small, rounded trapezoid shape.
Easy iPhone Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a curved line to enclose the areas beneath the bulge. Inside this shape, shade a small rounded rectangle. This is the phone's speaker. Then, enclose narrow trapezoids with rounded corners on both sides of the phone. These are the buttons.
Easy iPhone Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a small circle next to the speaker to indicate the camera. Next, we'll learn how to draw the back of the phone. First, enclose a large rectangle with rounded corners to outline the shape of the phone.
Then, draw a square with rounded corners in one corner of the rectangle. This is where the phone's camera is located.
Easy iPhone Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw three circles within the square to indicate the camera lenses. Then, enclose several narrow trapezoids with rounded corners on each side of the phone. These should be a mirror image of those on the front view.
Easy iPhone Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two more smaller circles within the square. Then, draw a circle within each of the three original circles. In each of these, shade an even smaller circle.
Easy iPhone Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the Apple logo - an actual apple with a bite taken out of it. Use curved lines to outline the shape of the fruit, with a wide "C" shaped line for the bite. Draw the double-pointed shape of the leaf using curved lines.
Easy iPhone Drawing - Step 7
7. Write the time near the top of the screen to indicate the phone's clock. We've chosen the time of 11:45.
Add More Details to Your iPhone Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the Apple logo on the phone's screen. Again, use curved lines to outline the shape of the fruit, with a wide "C" shaped line for the bite. Draw the double-pointed shape of the leaf using curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your iPhone Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines and circular shapes on the background of the phone screen.
Color Your iPhone Drawing
Color your cartoon iPhone.
Learn how to draw a phone receiving an incoming call.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy and Fun Man-Made cartoons Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
iPhone Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).