Learn how to draw a great looking Uranus with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Uranus.
Would you like to learn how to draw the planet Uranus? This easy, step-by-step Uranus drawing guide will show you how.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In our drawing, Uranus is a large circle crisscrossed by oval-shaped rings. Uranus actually has 13 rings, but the inner rings are small and dark. Only the larger, brighter rings are visible to observers.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Uranus
How to Draw a Great Looking Uranus for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a large circle to outline the planet.
Easy Uranus Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long curved line intersecting the center of the planet. It should be a partial oval - partially hidden behind the planet. This is the inner edge of the planet's rings.
Easy Uranus Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another, larger partial oval around the first. This completes the planet's rings. Erase the edges of the circle from within the rings. Then, draw a curved line around the northern pole of the planet. This is the first of Uranus' swirling clouds.
Easy Uranus Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a long curved line to meet the previous line near the pole, enclosing a sharp, curved shape. Enclose another shape like an apostrophe above it.
Easy Uranus Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to enclose a long, lobed cloud near the middle of the planet, just above the rings.
Easy Uranus Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose another irregular shape near the center of the planet.
Easy Uranus Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose an elongated shape on the surface of the planet, forming another cloud. Then, begin drawing a curved line near the planet's southern pole.
Add More Details to Your Uranus Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines that meet at points to finish enclosing the cloud at the southern pole. Then, texture the rings with a long curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your Uranus Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more long curved lines across the planet's rings.
Your Uranus outline is now complete. We've colored our example in icy shades of blue - sky blue and pale blue.
Color Your Uranus Drawing
In fact, Uranus is an icy world. It is considered an "ice giant." Like Jupiter and Saturn, it is a gas giant - a thick atmosphere surrounding a smaller rocky core. According to NASA, "most of its mass is a hot, dense fluid of 'icy' materials - water, methane, and ammonia."
For more great space drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple How to Draw Space Ideas.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Uranus Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).