Learn how to draw a great looking Baseball Cap with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Baseball Cap.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
The baseball cap arose with the purpose of shielding baseball players' eyes from the sun. A team known as the Brooklyn Excelsiors were the first to wear this style of hat in 1860, and it became a popular part of the baseball uniform by 1900.
Another use of the hat was in identifying the players of each team. Hats usually displayed the team's colors, and well as a mascot logo or the team's initial.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Baseball caps have a wide range of associated lingo. The button on the top of the hat is called a "squatchee," and hats with an adjustable fit are called "snapbacks."
Since the 1980s, baseball caps have been popular fashion statements - even if they have nothing to do with baseball. Movies, television shows, businesses, clothing companies, different sports leagues, and other industries use themed baseball caps to advertise their brands.
Baseball caps are also part of the uniform of certain non-sports groups. For example, baseball caps are worn by officers of the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard, as well as parachute riggers and instructors in the U.S. Army.
Would you like to draw a baseball cap? All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your drawing to match your favorite team.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Nemo, Shark, and Octopus.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Baseball Cap
How to Draw a Great Looking Baseball Cap for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line. This will form the front of the cap, where the bill is attached.
Easy Baseball Cap Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long, curved line above the first, attaching the lines on both ends. You will enclose an irregular shape, forming the top of the hat, called the crown.
Easy Baseball Cap Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a long, curved line from one side of the crown. Use it to enclose a curved rectangular shape before attaching on the other side of the crown face. This forms the bill of the cap.
Easy Baseball Cap Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a curved line to enclose a teardrop shape beneath the bill. This forms the curved side of the bill, giving the cap a three-dimensional appearance. Detail the bill further by drawing a curved line parallel to the bottom of the teardrop shape. This indicates the front edge of the bill. Finally, connect the back of the cap's crown to the bill using a short, curved line.
Easy Baseball Cap Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long, curved line parallel to the edge of the bill. This indicates the stitching.
Easy Baseball Cap Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, you will begin to sketch in the various panels that make up the crown of the cap. Draw a curved line from the top of the cap to the bill, and another from the back of the cap to the previous line.
Easy Baseball Cap Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another curved line from the top of the cap to the bill, mirroring the first on the opposite side. Then, indicate stitching using curved lines, but notice that the lines are not solid. Draw these lines alongside the previous lines and down the middle of the crown.
Add More Details to Your Baseball Cap Picture - Step 8
8. Draw two additional broken lines down the center of the crown. Then, use a short curved line to enclose the button on the top of the cap. Draw a small circle on each side of the cap's front panel. Then, draw a smaller circle within each circle. These are small holes called eyelets that help with ventilation.
Complete the Outline of Your Baseball Cap Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the bill of the cap with three parallel, roughly "L" shaped lines.
Color Your Baseball Cap Drawing
10. Color your baseball cap. What are the colors of your favorite team?
Many caps bear the mascot of their team, most often an animal or another character. Check out our animal drawing guides so that you can add a mascot to your cap, too.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Step-by-Step Things to draw Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Baseball Cap Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).