Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Shark with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Shark.
Duh-dun. Duh-dun. Every week can be shark week when you learn how to draw a cartoon shark.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Modern sharks look pretty much the same as those we find in ancient fossils. Most sharks look a lot like the one in this illustration - they have a pointed nose, gills to breathe with, a sleek body, dorsal and pectoral fins, and a long paddle-like tail.
If you enjoyed this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial, would you like to try your hand at another shark drawing? Check out this massive megalodon shark drawing or learn how to draw a realistic tiger shark.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Shark
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Shark for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon shark outline by drawing the shark's eyes. For each eye, draw two curved lines to indicate the upper and lower lids.
Then enclose a partial oval between them. Draw a small circle inside the eye and shade around it.
Easy Cartoon Shark Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line for the top of the shark's mouth, and shorter lines for the corners of the mouth, nostrils, and contouring the snout.
Easy Cartoon Shark Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another long curved line from one corner of the mouth to the other. Draw a zig-zag line inside the mouth to indicate the sharp teeth.
Easy Cartoon Shark Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long curved line to outline the round shape of the shark's face.
Easy Cartoon Shark Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend two long curved lines, one from each side of the shark's face. This outlines the sleek body.
Easy Cartoon Shark Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the dorsal fin, erasing as necessary. Use two curved lines that meet at at point above the body. Notice how the back of the fin is more jagged than the front.
Then draw a curved line to finish contouring the shape of the head.
Easy Cartoon Shark Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the shark's tail. Extend two long curved lines from the back of the body, allowing the tail and body lines to overlap. Connect the tail tips with a "V" shaped line.
Notice the jagged hook on the upper tip of the tail.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Shark Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the first of the pectoral fins. Extend two curved lines from the side of the shark's head and allow them to meet at a sharp point.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Shark Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining pectoral fin. Again, extend two curved lines from the side of the shark's head and allow them to meet at a sharp point.
Color Your Cartoon Shark Drawing
Your cartoon shark outline is now complete. Color your shark. Most sharks appear bluish-gray underwater - darker on top and lighter on the bottom.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Shark Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).