Learn how to draw a great looking Beach with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Beach.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Beaches are rocky or sandy areas located where oceans or seas meet the land. Most beaches have either white or golden sand, depending on the composition of the material.
However, some beaches sport sand in a variety of other colors, such as the Muriwai Black Sand Beach, New Zealand; the green Papakolea Beach of Big Island, Hawaii; the Red Beach in Santorini, Greece; and the Pink Sand Beach of Harbour Island, Bahamas.
Waves deposit items such as seashells and seaweed on many beaches. Some are inhabited by animals such as gulls, crabs, or sea turtles.
Beaches are common symbols of summertime and family vacations. Beaches often host lifeguards, showers, changing tents, restaurants, piers, docks, or resort hotels.
There are also so-called "wild beaches," which do not have any man-made structures. These beaches are either remote or protected to preserve their natural beauty.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a fun beach landscape? Doing so is easier than ever with the help of this simple, step-by-step beach drawing tutorial.
Each step of this drawing guide includes a detailed illustration as well as explanatory text. Pay special attention to the lines highlighted in blue, as these indicate new lines to be added to your drawing.
All you will need to complete your beach drawing is a pencil and a piece of paper. You will also want to use an eraser to remove unnecessary lines as you go along.
If you have access to crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints, you can use these to shade your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Palm Tree, Boat, and Clouds.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Beach
How to Draw a Great Looking Beach for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a straight, horizontal line. This horizon line marks the point where the land and water meet the sky.
Easy Beach Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long, jagged, curved line downward from the horizon line. This wavy line forms the tide line, the point where the ocean waves meet the beach.
Easy Beach Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a plant growing on the beach. To do so, draw a series of short, curved lines connecting in jagged points.
Easy Beach Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a mountain and tropical forest in the background. To draw the mountain, extend a lumpy, curved line from the middle of the horizon line to the edge of the page. Between this mountain line and the horizon, enclose a couple of rounded shapes using jagged, pointy lines. These indicate tropical trees and plants growing at the base of the mountain.
Easy Beach Drawing - Step 5
5. Using four straight lines, enclose a diamond shape on the beach. This indicates a beach blanket or towel left behind by a person.
Easy Beach Drawing - Step 6
6.Beside the beach blanket, draw several curved lines, with some overlapping. This indicates the sand of the beach. From the sand, extend a set of straight, parallel, diagonal lines. This forms the support, or shaft, of a beach umbrella.
Easy Beach Drawing - Step 7
7. Above the umbrella shaft, draw a long, curved line to outline the top of the umbrella. Draw a dot at the uppermost point to indicate the top of the shaft. Connect the umbrella to the shaft using a series of connected, curved lines resembling upside down "U" shapes.
Add More Details to Your Beach Picture - Step 8
8. Erase guide lines from within the umbrella.
Complete the Outline of Your Beach Drawing - Step 9
9. Near the beach blanket, draw more curved lines indicating sand. On top of the sand, draw a circle. Stripe the circle using curved lines. You have just drawn a beach ball. Then, detail the umbrella by drawing long, curved lines from the top of the shaft to the points of the "U" shaped lines. Finally, enclose fluffy clouds in the sky using connected, curved lines.
Color Your Beach Drawing
10. Color your beach landscape. Check out our other tutorials and learn how to add palm trees, animals, people, waves, and more to your picture.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Simple Really Easy Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Beach Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).