Learn how to draw a great looking Bow and Arrow with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Bow and Arrow.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
The bow and arrow is an ancient weapon. In the past, it was used in warfare, and today is still used in recreational sports and in hunting. Historically, bows and arrows were made of wood, with an arrowhead of bone, stone, or metal. Today, many are crafted of lightweight materials such as fiberglass.
Bows and arrows were used historically in many parts of the world, including North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. Some of the oldest arrowheads have been found in Africa, dating back thousands of years.
Children are often introduced to archery via animated films. Some popular Disney films featuring bows and arrows include Brave, Robin Hood, Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast, The Sword and the Stone, Hercules, and Mulan.
Another instance of archery in popular culture can be found in The Hunger Games's Katniss Everdeen. Katniss once used her prowess as an archer to feed her family. Later, she used a silver bow and arrow to survive the Games.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cartoon bow and arrow? This is a simple and step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. Get your pencil and paper ready... let's draw!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Arrow, Katana, and Cupid.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Bow and Arrow
How to Draw a Great Looking Bow and Arrow for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the tip of the bow. Draw two series of connected curved lines, and attach them on each end using a curved line. Extend curved lines upward from each side, and double one back to meet the other, enclosing the tip.
Easy Bow and Arrow Drawing - Step 2
2. Band the string notch with curved lines. Then, extend a pair of curved lines below it to begin outlining the upper limb of the bow. Draw a curved line down its center.
Easy Bow and Arrow Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, begin drawing the handle riser section. Draw a curved line across the bottom of the limb, and attach its two ends using another curved line. Then, extend two series of connected curved lines beneath it to form the grip.
Easy Bow and Arrow Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line across the bottom of the grip, and connect its two ends using an additional curved line. Then, draw curved lines across the grip to texture it. Finally, extend a long curved line to form the back of the lower limb - the side facing away from the archer.
Easy Bow and Arrow Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the face of the lower limb - the side facing the archer - using a long curved line. Connect the two sides with a curved line. Then, draw two series of short, connected, curved lines to form the string notch. Connect these using a short curved line. Draw a curved line down the center of the lower limb.
Easy Bow and Arrow Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a pair of straight lines to outline the shaft of the arrow; erase as necessary. Connect them with a short line on one end.
Easy Bow and Arrow Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a small curved rectangle at the top of the shaft. Then, draw a curved line at the top of the rectangle, extending beyond its sides. From each end of this line, extend a straight line. Allow them to meet at a point, forming the arrowhead. Draw a straight line down its center.
Add More Details to Your Bow and Arrow Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a set of straight, parallel lines between the base of the arrow's shaft and the lower string notch. This forms one half of the bowstring. Behind it, use connected curved lines to sketch the fletching, or feathers.
Complete the Outline of Your Bow and Arrow Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw the fletching on the opposite side of the arrow. Then, draw a pair of straight, parallel lines from the fletching to the upper string notch, completing the bowstring.
Color Your Bow and Arrow Drawing
Color your cartoon bow and arrow.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Bow and Arrow Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).