Learn how to draw a great looking Camping Scene with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Camping Scene.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Camping is a "recreational activity in which participants take up temporary residence in the outdoors." Camping first took a recreational turn around 1908, with the publication of The Camper's Handbook.
Prior to this time, nomadic life in tents was a lifestyle necessity rather than a type of vacation. Throughout history, various peoples have resided in tents.
Tents, in turn, have been used for "a wide variety of purposes, including recreation, exploration, military encampment, and public gatherings such as circuses, religious services, theatrical performances, and exhibitions of plants or livestock."
A modern camping trend is known as "glamping." Glampers like to bring all the comforts of home when they go camping. This often includes personalizing their campers and bringing amenities like cable television sets.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Camping is included in the storyline of many elements of popular culture. During the 1980s and 1990s, the theme of "summer camp" was common in entertainment.
Examples include the Nickelodeon comedy series Salute your Shorts and the film Ernest Goes to Camp. The Animal Crossing video game franchise has more recently brought camping into the limelight.
Would you like to draw a cartoon camping scene? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Tent, Cartoon Forest, and Lake.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Camping Scene
How to Draw a Great Looking Camping Scene for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin drawing your tent. Use five curved lines of various lengths to enclose an irregular pentagon. Then, draw a curved line passing behind the tent to indicate the horizon line.
Easy Camping Scene Drawing - Step 2
2. Detail the tent. Draw a curved line between two of the corners, outlining the front of the tent. Draw a narrow curved triangle to indicate the opening. Then, use curved lines to enclose a rounded triangle shape on each side of the opening. Draw a circle on each to indicate the button that holds the flaps open. Draw a curved line from each of the corners of the tent to form the ropes that hold it in place. Enclose the rounded "L" shape of a tent pin at the end of one rope.
Easy Camping Scene Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose a chain of irregular rounded shapes, forming the stones that contain the campfire.
Easy Camping Scene Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose two rounded rectangular shapes, one partially hidden by the other. These are the logs on the fire. Use curved lines to define the circular-cut ends of the log and to give texture to the bark. Use pairs of curved lines to outline the flames. Enclose double-pointed curved shapes above the flames.
Easy Camping Scene Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw pine trees in the background. Start with a layer of connected "U" shaped lines. Then, draw a narrower group of lines above the first, and another, and another. Enclose the top of the tree with an inverted "U" shaped line.
Easy Camping Scene Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to draw additional pine trees in the distance. Use connected curved lines to draw each layer of branches, and make sure that each successive layer is smaller than the one below it.
Easy Camping Scene Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to sketch more pin trees in the distance, behind the tent.
Add More Details to Your Camping Scene Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to sketch two triangular mountains on the horizon.
Complete the Outline of Your Camping Scene Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw clouds around the mountains, using connected "U" shaped lines. Draw more clouds in the same manner, but with flat lines at their bases, above the mountains. Draw curved "V" shaped lines to indicate the silhouettes of birds in flight.
Color Your Camping Scene Drawing
Color your cartoon camping scene. Will it be at sunrise, with a clear blue sky, or starry night? The choice is yours.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Camping Scene Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).