Learn how to draw a great looking Tent with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Tent.
A tent is a type of portable shelter that has been used since time immemorial. Ancient nomadic peoples lived in tents full-time, traveling from place to place.
Militaries often house soldiers in tents when occupying a foreign land.
And today, many people enjoy camping in tents recreationally.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Tents are also used for events such as weddings and circuses.
Tents generally consist of a rigid framework of wood or metal covered in some type of cloth.
Did you know? in an emergency situation, you can create a tent out of a tarp, shower curtain, or other materials. Simply place two wooden stakes in the ground and tie a string between them. Put the cloth over the string, and stake its ends to the ground so that it forms a pyramidal structure.
Would you like to draw a cartoon tent? This easy, step-by-step cartoon object drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tent
How to Draw a Great Looking Tent for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Use four curved lines to draw a curved rectangular shape. This forms one side of the tent.
Easy Tent Drawing - Step 2
2. Erase part of the bottom of the shape, and replace it with two curved lines. Draw additional lines down the center of the rectangle. This details how the tent is tied down.
Easy Tent Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to enclose a rectangle beneath the tent side. Draw another line across it, parallel to the bottom of the rectangle.
Easy Tent Drawing - Step 4
4. Use four curved lines to sketch in the front of the tent. It should be roughly house-shaped, like a triangle resting on top of a rectangle. Draw a curved line parallel to the bottom of the shape.
Easy Tent Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to connect the peak of the tent's front to its bottom. This indicates the open cloth flap.
Easy Tent Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a series of shapes along one side of the tent front. from the peak, draw a pair of parallel lines, two "C" shaped lines, and extended oval, more "C" shaped lines, and another elongated oval. Draw short lines at the joints of the shapes. This represents one cloth tent flap tied to the tentpole.
Easy Tent Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a set of vertical, parallel lines inside the tent, indicating a tentpole. Draw another, diagonal set of parallel lines inside the tent, indicating the bottom of that tent side.
Add More Details to Your Tent Picture - Step 8
8. Draw pairs of curved parallel lines extending from the points of the tent's side. Draw a small cylinder with a circle at its base at the end of each. These are the tent cords and tent pins that hold the tent in place.
Complete the Outline of Your Tent Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines from the front of the opposite side, with a cylinder at the end, forming the final tent pin.
Color Your Tent Drawing
Color your cartoon tent. There was a time when tents only came in tan canvas and olive drab, but today, they come in every color you can imagine!
For more great Building drawing tutorials, see the 21 Best Building Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tent Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).