Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Bicycle with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Bicycle.
Do your cartoon characters need a new bike? From kids to superheroes, it seems like every character uses one at some point. You can learn how to draw a cartoon bicycle with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
For example, notice how the tires, hubs, and cranksets are all made from circles. The tubes of the frame form several triangles. And curved shapes are formed using parallel lines.
If you like this drawing tutorial, you can crank the intensity up a notch by learning how to draw a dirt bike.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Bicycle
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Bicycle for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon bicycle outline by drawing the front wheel. Start with a small circle. This is the wheel's hub. Extend a pair of curved lines upward and cap them with a small rounded trapezoid.
This indicates the fork and head tube of the front set. Then, draw a large circle around the hub to form the tire.
Easy Cartoon Bicycle Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another circle inside the tire outline to form the inner edge of the tire. Band the tube with a curved line, and extend a pair of curved lines from its top. Connect these with a rounded shape to form the handlebars and the handlebar grip.
Easy Cartoon Bicycle Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the frame. Extend two pairs of lines from the front tube in a "V" shape. These are the top tube and the down tube. Connect the lines of the down tube with a circle. This will become the crankset or chain ring.
Easy Cartoon Bicycle Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another, smaller circle, and connect it to the larger circle with a pair of lines. This is called the cogset. Use pairs of lines to enclose a triangle shape above the crankset and cogset. Extend two of the lines past the top tube to form the seat post.
Easy Cartoon Bicycle Drawing - Step 5
5. Enclose the irregular shape of the seat on top of the seat post. Then draw two large circles around the rear hub to form the wheel.
Easy Cartoon Bicycle Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a curved shape above each wheel.
Easy Cartoon Bicycle Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the pedals, erasing as necessary. Draw a circle in the center of the crankset and extend a pair of lines from it. Connect the lines with a small rectangle. Draw the remaining pedal above the crankset, exactly opposite the first pedal.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Bicycle Picture - Step 8
8. Draw an irregular shape on the front of the head tube, and a narrow oval within it. This is a headlight. Draw a small circle in the center of the near pedal. Connect the top and bottom of the crankset to the top and bottom of the cog set with straight lines. These indicate the chain.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Bicycle Drawing - Step 9
9. Band the seat post and the handlebar grip with curved lines. Draw the straight spokes between each wheel hub and tire.
Color Your Cartoon Bicycle Drawing
Your cartoon bicycle outline is now complete. Color your creation. Sparkling red, metallic blue, matte black, or neon pink - the choice is yours.
For more great man-made drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Man-Made Objects for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Bicycle Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).