Learn how to draw a great looking Sports Car with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Sports Car.
Do you like to go fast? Do you like to draw fast? You can also learn how to draw an amazing sportscar with the help of this sports car drawing tutorial, no matter your favorite speed.
Not all cars are created equal. Trucks are designed for working. Some cars are made to get your family safely from place to place. Racecars are designed to carry one driver around a course or track at competitive speeds.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Sports Cars fall somewhere in the middle. They are not true racecars, but they are designed to go fast. They are also built to look good, often having more defined curves and lines than an average car.
Usually, they come in bold, bright colors.
Get ready to design the car of your dreams with the help of this cartoon sportscar outline.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Sports Car
How to Draw a Great Looking Sports Car for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the sports car outline by drawing the wheels. For each wheel, draw a circle within a circle.
Easy Sports Car Drawing - Step 2
2. Connect the wheels of the cartoon car using a straight line and a curved line. Extend another slightly curved line behind one wheel. Then, draw a series of curved lines above it to form the roughly zigzag shape of the car's front bumper.
Easy Sports Car Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a curved line from the front of the car over the front wheel, forming the hood. From the top of the hood, extend another line, and extend it to the back of the rear wheel, enclosing the cabin and rear of the car.
Easy Sports Car Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose an irregular rounded shape at the end of the line of the hood. This is the side mirror. From the mirror, extend two curved lines that meet at a sharp point, enclosing the sporty driver's side window. Then, draw a line from the hood to the top of the car, outlining the front windshield.
Easy Sports Car Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw curved lines across the window and side of the car, outlining the driver's side door. Enclose a teardrop shape near the front of the hood, indicating the headlights.
Easy Sports Car Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw curved lines across the front of the car, the door, and the area behind it. This contours the car's sporty shape. Enclose a curved triangle near the front bumper.
Easy Sports Car Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a narrow, curved triangle shape on the door to indicate the handle. Enclose the curved rectangle shape of the taillight at the back of the car. In front of the rear wheel, draw a triangle shape and connect it to the wheel well with a short line.
Add More Details to Your Sports Car Picture - Step 8
8. Embellish the wheels. Draw a small circle in the center. Enclose five half circles around the edges.
Complete the Outline of Your Sports Car Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your sports car outline by decorating the remaining wheel. Again, draw a small circle in the center and enclose five half circles around the edges.
Color Your Sports Car Drawing
Color your cartoon of a sports car. We've painted ours red, a classic sports color. We've also given it dark, tinted windows.
For more great cartoon drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Cartoons Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sports Car Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).