Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Cloud with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Cloud.
If you are puzzled over how to draw clouds, you've come to the right place. Check out this easy, step-by-step cartoon cloud drawing guide for your next project.
This cloud is an irregular shape formed by overlapping curved lines. Once you've mastered this tutorial, challenge yourself to experiment with other cloud shapes employing the techniques you've learned.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Pay attention, too, to the shading in our example illustration. This affords the cloud a realistic three-dimensional appearance.
You can also play with the color of the cloud to help set your scene. For example, you can create a storm cloud drawing by coloring your clouds gray and adding streaks of lightning. Or, you can enhance a sunset drawing by shading the clouds in pink, purple, and orange hues.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Cloud
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Cloud for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon cloud outline by drawing a curved line.
Easy Cartoon Cloud Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a "C" shaped line intersected by the first line. From it, extend another curved line.
Easy Cartoon Cloud Drawing - Step 3
3. Intersecting the lines added in Step 2, draw a long curved line followed by a short curved line.
Easy Cartoon Cloud Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line intersected by the lines drawn in the previous step. Then, draw an unconnected curved line in the vicinity of the lines from Step 2.
Easy Cartoon Cloud Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend another curved line above the original curved line. You can now see your cloud taking shape, thicker on one side and trailing on the other as if blown about by the wind.
Easy Cartoon Cloud Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another curved line overlapping the line drawn in the previous step.
Easy Cartoon Cloud Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more curved lines connected to or overlapping those from previous steps.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Cloud Picture - Step 8
8. Extend the final curved line, completing the outline of the cloud.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Cloud Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a few smaller clouds trailing behind the large one. Enclose an oval and an irregular rounded shape.
Color Your Cartoon Cloud Drawing
Your cartoon cloud outline is now complete.
We often think of clouds as fluffy and white, so you may decide to leave your cloud uncolored. Or, you can add some light shading as seen in our illustration.
Notice how triangular shapes are shaded on the right side of the upper lobes of the cloud. Near the bottom of the cloud, you can draw a line parallel to the edge, then shade between it and the edge.
For a white cloud, use a light blue or gray for your shading. Or, you can use dark colors for a stormcloud or warm colors for sunset clouds as discussed above.
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute How to Draw Easy Things Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Cloud Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).