Learn how to draw a great looking Cheerleader with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cheerleader.
Let's go, team!
Cheerleading has been around since at least the 1880s, when college football first became popular at America's Ivy League schools. Participants were then called "yell leaders."
Cheerleading combines dance, acrobatics, and flashy attire to encourage the team and stir up the crowd.
Did you know? While we often think of cheerleaders as women today, the first cheerleaders were men. By the early 1990s, women began cheerleading, but they were still excluded from the all-male schools where cheerleading began - Ivy league universities first admitted women in 1987.
Roughly 95 percent of today's cheerleaders are women. Lots of anime cartoons also feature cheerleaders.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cute cheerleader? Now you can, with the help of this easy, step-by-step character drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your drawing to match your favorite team's colors.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cheerleader
How to Draw a Great Looking Cheerleader for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the cheerleader's head. Draw an irregular rounded shape to form the crown of the hat. Use a long, curved line to enclose the hat's bill. Section the hat using several curved lines, and draw a small circle on top of the hat to form the button. Beneath the hat, extend pairs of curved lines that meet at jagged points. This indicates the cheerleader's hair. Connect the locks of hair using a curved line, enclosing the shape of the face.
Easy Cheerleader Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend two short, curved lines to form the neck. Enclose the round neck of the shirt using a curved line, and enclose the curved, triangular lobes of the shirt collar. Use curved lines to sketch the roughly "T" shape of the t-shirt, and decorate it with a heart in the middle.
Easy Cheerleader Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a pair of lines from each of the sleeves, forming the arms. Instead of hands, draw the cheerleader's pompoms, using short lines to outline each rectangular section. Texture the inside of the pompoms with additional short lines.
Easy Cheerleader Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend long, curved lines from the bottom of the shirt. Just below the shirt, band the figure with a pair of lines, forming the top of the skirt. Enclose the bottom of the skirt using a series of horizontal and inverted "V" shaped lines. Draw a line near the bottom of each "V."
Easy Cheerleader Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a pair of curved lines from below the skirt, forming the leg.
Easy Cheerleader Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a rounded shape at the bottom of the leg using a long, curved line. This is the cheerleader's shoe. Band it with curved lines near the top and bottom, forming the sock and sole. Draw a few narrow ovals across the middle of the shoe, indicating the laces.
Easy Cheerleader Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend another pair of lines from the skirt, forming the remaining leg. The lines should bend at right angles, indicating the knee. Use curved lines to enclose and detail the sock and shoe as in the previous step.
Add More Details to Your Cheerleader Picture - Step 8
8. For each eye, draw three successively smaller circles. Shade between the two smallest, forming the large pupil. Draw two curved lines at the top of each eye to indicate the eyelid, and another to form the eyebrow.
Complete the Outline of Your Cheerleader Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw the nose and smiling lips.
Color Your Cheerleader Drawing
Color your cheerleader. What colors represent your school or your favorite sports team?
Check out our people drawing guides, where you'll find enough drawing guides to fill your team and the spectator stands.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Simple People Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cheerleader Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).