Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Girl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Girl.
All the best cartoons and comic books have kid characters. You can add this cartoon girl drawing to your next story.
Do you think people are difficult to draw? They don't have to be. In fact, this easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing guide will help you draw a little girl in just a few minutes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Can you draw the girl in different scenes or doing interesting things? Check out this drawing of a girl in math class - girls can draw, and they can do STEM, too!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Girl
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Girl for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon girl outline by drawing her eyes. Start with two curved lines for the cheeks. Enclose two successively smaller ovals above each line.
Draw a small circle inside the smaller ovals and shade around it. Use short curved lines for eyelashes and a “C” shaped line for the nose.
Easy Cartoon Girl Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a double-pointed curved shape above each eye to form the eyebrows. Draw a small circle on each cheek to indicate a blush.
Then, use curved lines to draw the open, smiling mouth and the chin below it.
Easy Cartoon Girl Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to outline the face. Then use two “C” shaped lines to draw the ear.
Easy Cartoon Girl Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of curved lines to draw the girl’s hair - one for the top of the head and many that meet at points for her bangs.
Easy Cartoon Girl Drawing - Step 5
5. Use long curved lines to enclose the girl’s headband and the back of her hand. Draw two short lines below the head to form the neck.
Then use a series of short curved lines that meet in jagged points to complete the hair.
Easy Cartoon Girl Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend two short lines from the base of the neck, then draw two “U” shaped lines below it. This is the neck of the garment.
From the short lines, extend long lines. Connect them with a scalloped line at the bottom. This is the little girl’s dress.
Easy Cartoon Girl Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a “C” shaped line and a small rectangle to draw the sleeve. Then, pair of lines for the arm and a series of curved lines to draw her outstretched hand.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Girl Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose the round shape and the curved rectangle of the remaining sleeve. From it, extend two parallel lines to form the arm and a series of overlapping curved lines for the hand.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Girl Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose the round shape and the curved rectangle of the remaining sleeve. From it, extend two parallel lines to form the arm and a series of overlapping curved lines for the hand.
Color Your Cartoon Girl Drawing
Your cartoon girl outline is now complete. Color your cute character. You can choose the color of her hair and clothing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Girl Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).