Learn how to draw a great looking Fairy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fairy.
Would you like to draw a fanciful fairy? This easy, step-by-step fairy drawing tutorial can show you how.
In folklore, fairies often appear as tiny winged people. They may be "a delicate, beautiful, ageless winged woman" who is "a tiny, mischievous, and protective creature."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Tinkerbell, one of the most famous Disney fairies, certainly fits this description. Check out this Tinkerbell drawing guide.
You can also get up close and personal with your favorite fairy as you complete this fairy portrait drawing. Do your new fairy friends need a place to live? Learn how to draw a cartoon forest, a favorite haunt of cartoon fairies.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fairy
How to Draw a Great Looking Fairy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon fairy outline by drawing her face. Draw two curved lines, then enclose a partial circle resting on each. These will become the fairy's eyes.
Draw two successively smaller circles inside each eye and shade between them. Draw short lines around the eyes to indicate eyebrows. Then, use curved lines to draw the eyebrows, nose, and smiling mouth.
Easy Fairy Drawing - Step 2
2. Use long curved lines to outline the face and hair. Enclose the ears using short curved lines.
Easy Fairy Drawing - Step 3
3. Use long and short curved lines to continue sketching the hair. Notice the scalloped pattern at the bottom of the hair.
Easy Fairy Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to sketch the fairy's neck, arm, and hand. Band the wrist with two short lines.
Easy Fairy Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to draw the remaining arm and hand. Then, extend narrowly spaced, parallel straight lines from each side of the hand. Connect them at each end.
Then, draw a five-pointed star at the top of these lines. This forms the fairy's magic wand.
Easy Fairy Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the fairy's dress. Form the bodice or top of the dress using a rounded heart shape. Then, enclose the belt using a curved line, followed by the skirt.
Easy Fairy Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, draw the fairy's leg. For the first leg, extend a curved line and double it back upon itself. Then, use a line to enclose the second line, partially hidden by the first.
Enclose the slipper by drawing a curved line across the top of the foot. Then, draw "X" shaped lines on the lower legs to form the ribbons used to tie the slippers.
Add More Details to Your Fairy Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the fairy's wings. For each wing, extend two long, curved lines and allow them to meet at points.
Complete the Outline of Your Fairy Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a smaller pair of wings below the first. Again, extend two curved lines and allow them to meet at points.
Color Your Fairy Drawing
Your cartoon fairy outline is now complete. Color your fairy. You can choose the color of her hair, her dress, even her wings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fairy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).