Learn how to draw a great looking Trophy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Trophy.
Have you ever received a trophy? Today, trophies are often awarded in honor of academic excellence, achievement in sports, or some other accomplishment.
The word "trophy" comes from the ancient Greek word tropē, meaning an overwhelming defeat of an enemy. Greek soldiers would erect "trophies," or monuments, at the sites where their armies had been victorious in war.
What were these trophies made of? Weapons, shields, and other materials would be fastened to a tree or beam in the shape of a person. Details about the battle, as well as dedications to deities, would be written on the makeshift statue.
If the battle was at sea, ships or pieces of ships would be hauled to the beach to assemble the trophy.
The Romans also constructed battle trophies, typically stone arches or columns in Rome. Trophies such as wreaths of plants to be worn on the head were common awards in ancient sporting events.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The first modern trophies came about during the 1500s. One example is the Carlisle Bells, a trophy given for a horse race in Britain for over 400 years.
Cup shaped trophies arose in the 1600s. The type of trophy depicted in this drawing tutorial is called a loving-cup trophy. Some trophies are given once for the winner to keep, while in other cases, trophies are passed on to the next winner of the contest or event.
Do you have the world's best dad? Tell him so with this Father's Day trophy drawing.
All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser. You may also wish to use crayons or something similar to color your finished drawing.
Step by Step Instructions for Father's Day Trophy Drawing
How to Draw a Great Looking Trophy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a flattened, horizontal oval. This will become the opening of the trophy's cup.
Easy Trophy Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a large, "U" shaped line connecting the sides of the oval. This forms the body of the cup.
Easy Trophy Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the base of the cup. Extend two short, curved lines beneath the cup, and connect them using a longer curved line. Repeat this process - from the existing portion of the base, extend two more short lines, and connect them using a longer curved line.
Easy Trophy Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the handles of the cup. On each side of the cup, use a long, curved line to enclose an inverted teardrop shape. Within this shape, use another curved line to enclose a narrow, irregular shape, forming the opening of the handle.
Easy Trophy Drawing - Step 5
5. Decorate the cup with a ring around the top. Draw a curved line parallel to the top of the cup, both on the inside and the outside.
Easy Trophy Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the rectangular base of the trophy. Around the base of the cup, draw a trapezoid, or slanted rectangle. Beneath this shape, draw a large rectangle to form the front of the trophy. Extend two curved lines from the sides of the rectangle, and connect these with a straight line. Finally, draw a long, narrow rectangle at the bottom of the image.
Easy Trophy Drawing - Step 7
7. Use straight lines to draw a five pointed star on the front of the cup. Erase guide lines as necessary.
Add More Details to Your Trophy Picture - Step 8
8. Use straight lines to sketch a hollow number "1" in the center of the star.
Complete the Outline of Your Trophy Drawing - Step 9
9. Within the rectangular front of the trophy base, draw another, slightly smaller rectangle. This forms the plaque on which words are written. Then, on the plaque, write the words "WORLD'S BEST DAD."
Color Your Trophy Drawing
10. Color your Father's Day trophy drawing. First place trophies are generally made of gold, but some may be silver. The base may be brown if it is made of wood.
For more great Mother's Day drawing tutorials, see the 17 Easy Mother's Day Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Trophy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).