Learn how to draw a great looking Diamond Ring with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Diamond Ring.
Rings are bands of metal or other decorative materials that are worn in the fingers or toes.
Throughout history, rings have indicated wealth, social status, authority, or fidelity. The oldest known rings have been found in ancient Egyptian tombs.
The kings used signet, or seal, rings that contained writing on the head or bezel. The writing could be pressed into wax or clay as a symbol of the king's approval.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Perhaps the most well-known types of rings are the engagement ring and wedding ring. Both symbolize loyalty to the fiancee or spouse.
There are a number of legends as to where this custom originated - some say that it symbolized the shackle which might hold a captive bride, others that it replaced the coins with which ancients purchased their brides, and still others that its circular shape simply represents unending love.
The ring is worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because it was once thought to be a direct connection to the heart. Whatever its origin, the diamond ring has become a well-recognized symbol of love, engagement, and marriage.
In popular culture, rings are given still other meanings. For example, rings imbue their wearers with special powers in stories such as Lord of the Rings and Green Lantern.
Would you like to draw a beautiful diamond ring? This easy, step-by-step ring drawing tutorial is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Diamond Ring
How to Draw a Great Looking Diamond Ring for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This outlines the outer edge of the ring's band.
Easy Diamond Ring Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another circle within the first. This outlines the inner edge of the ring's band.
Easy Diamond Ring Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a slightly curved line extending upward from one side of the ring. Then, draw another line extending upward on the opposite diagonal. This forms the shoulders of the ring.
Easy Diamond Ring Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line across the inside of the top of the band. This is called the ring's bridge.
Easy Diamond Ring Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase guide lines from the shoulders and bridge of the ring.
Easy Diamond Ring Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a small oval near, but not connected to, each of the ring's uppermost lines. From the sides of each oval, extend two long curved lines. Allow the lines to meet at a sharp point. Notice how the pointed shapes nearly meet in the middle, forming a "U" shape. These are the prongs that will hold the diamond. Add texture to the prongs using curved lines.
Easy Diamond Ring Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two straight lines overlapping the prongs. Notice that the diagonal lines meet each other at a sharp point. At the top of each line, draw a short line on the opposite diagonal. Then, connect these lines using a curved line. This diamond, the center stone, together with the prongs forms the head of the ring. It is also known as the bezel. Connect the shoulders to the diamond as needed.
Add More Details to Your Diamond Ring Picture - Step 8
8. Erase guide lines from the prongs so that they appear to be located in front of the diamond. Then, draw a large upside-down triangle on the bottom half of the diamond. Connect its corners to the sides of the diamond. Then, draw two short lines upward from the corners. Connect these by using a curved line to enclose a pointed oval shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Diamond Ring Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose curved triangular shapes with rounded points on the shoulders of the ring. Then, draw a small circle beneath each triangle. These openings are known as galleries. Finally, draw curved lines along the interior edge of the band or shank. These are known as hallmarks.
Color Your Diamond Ring Drawing
Color your ring. Most rings are made of gold or silver.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Diamond Ring Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).