Learn how to draw a great looking Flower Garden with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Flower Garden.
People have been gardening for a very long time. Gardens allowed people to stay in one place, rather than traveling to find the plants they needed to survive. The earliest known plan for a garden dates from 1400 B.C.E. in Egypt.
Urban flower gardens are especially important today, since cities now take up the space once occupied by plants and animals. They provide food for pollinators. Why is this important?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Pollinators, such as bees and butterflies, carry pollen from one plant to another, allowing them to produce fruit and seeds. Without pollinators, plants species would die out - and we wouldn't have any food to eat.
Would you like to draw a flower garden? This easy, step-by-step tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil or pen and a sheet of paper.
See also, Simple Steps for Drawing a Lily.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Flower Garden
How to Draw a Great Looking Flower Garden for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a patch of grass. Draw a straight, horizontal line to outline the bottom of the patch. Then, draw a series of short, curved lines, connected at jagged points. Don't forget to connect these lines to the horizontal line at each end, fully enclosing the patch of grass.
Easy Flower Garden Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw your first flower - a daisy. Above the grass, draw a small circle. Around the circle, connect a series of narrow, "U" shaped lines to form the petals.
Easy Flower Garden Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the flower's stem. Extend a pair of parallel, curved lines from the flower to the grass. Then, on each side of the stem, extend two short, curved lines, allowing them to meet in a point. These are the flower's leaves. Draw another curved line down the center of each leaf to indicate the vein.
Easy Flower Garden Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another, smaller flower. Again, start with a small circle to form the flower's center. Then, draw ovals around the center to form the petals.
Easy Flower Garden Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the short flower's stem, using a pair of curved lines. Extend curved lines from the stem on each side, meeting in points to form the leaves. Don't forget to draw the vein down the center of the leaf.
Easy Flower Garden Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a fancy flower. For the center of this flower, form a circular shape using connected, "U" shaped lines. Then, extend pairs of curved lines outward from the center, meeting in points to form the primary petals. Between each petal, enclose a triangular shape using two curved lines. Repeat this again with even smaller petals between those of each of the two previous layers.
Easy Flower Garden Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a stem using a pair of curved lines. Extend leaves from each side of the stem, using two curved lines for each. Then, draw a third curved line to indicate the leaf vein.
Add More Details to Your Flower Garden Picture - Step 8
8. Extend the clump of grass, using a straight, horizontal line and jagged, short, curved lines. Note how the bottom of this clump is "higher than" or "behind" the other, giving the picture depth. Then, draw tulips, using a large "U" shaped line topped with a curved "W" shaped line for each. Draw the stems using sets of parallel lines. Enclose the leaf using three curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Flower Garden Drawing - Step 9
9. Allow a friendly bee to pollinate your garden. Use a circle for the head, and an oval for the body. Band the body with curved lines for stripes, and don't forget the triangular stinger. Use wide teardrop shapes for wings, and curved lines with shaded circles at the tips to indicate antennae.
Color Your Flower Garden Drawing
10. Color your garden, and don't forget to check out our other plant drawing guides.
For more great Flower drawing tutorials, see the 29 Best Flower Drawing Tutorials post.
For more easy flower drawing tutorials, see the collection of Plant Drawing Tutorials for Beginners.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Flower Garden Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).