Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
In today's guide, we will draw a cartoon frog. Drawing a frog is surprisingly easy. There are only seven easy-to-draw steps in the tutorial, and all the steps are simple and quick.
The frog drawing is made of simple shapes that, when connected and with a few finishing touches, will create a cute looking frog.
Draw your first sketch with light pencil touches. After the frog has taken shape, you will finish it with stronger lines, and touch-up your drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In the following drawing stages, I've highlighted each step with lines of red color.
You don't need any special pens or tools. A regular pencil, eraser, and paper are all you need. If you want, you can also color the drawing with colored pencils or pens.
Like my drawing tutorials? Get more on YouTube:
RECOMMENDED ART SUPPLIES: See my Amazon Store.
You don’t need any special art supplies to draw this tutorial but you can support Easy Drawing Guides by purchasing through the following Amazon links:
- Holiday Gifts on Arts & Crafts and Pretend Play.
- Holiday Gifts on STEM and Learning.
- Sharpie marker to draw clean, black lines.
- Good, cheap paper to draw on or a sketch pad to take with you on your travels.
- Bright, easy to blend colored pencils or cheaper oil pastels.
- Pencil set to practice drawing and shading together with a vinyl or kneaded eraser, and a sharpener. If you draw a lot with pencils, you could even get yourself an electric sharpener.
- Faber-Castell’s Amazon store has all the above, plus great art sets for kids.
Disclosure: Some of the above links are affiliate links, and I receive a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase using them.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Frog
The first step is to draw an extended ‘c’ like a snake’s head. This will be the head of the frog.
Now extend the head to draw the body. Curve it all the way to the other end to make the body of the frog,
To draw the eyes of the frog, make two semi-circles, one behind the other on top of the head.
For the legs, draw as shown - two in the front and one in the back as only one side is visible. The frog is coming together nicely.
Add feet and toes. Also, draw a curved line to give more structure to the body.
Finally, let's add circles for the eyes and a spotty pattern to cover the body.
To finish the picture, color the frog with green for the body and a darker shade for the spots. Add blue to the pupil, and shade the drawing to make it look more real.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Click the icon or button below to view a printable PDF of this drawing guide.View Printable PDF