Learn how to draw a great looking Landslide with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Landslide.
Whether you are illustrating your own comic book or a school report, you may need to know how to draw a landslide. This easy, step-by-step landscape drawing tutorial is here to help.
What is a landslide? Landslides or landslips happen when soil, rock, and other objects move down a slope, such as a hill or a mountain.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Landslides often destroy man-made infrastructure and interrupt human activity. In this picture, for example, the boulders and mud have covered a road and broken its guardrail.
Would you like to draw before and after pictures of this landslide? For the "before" drawing, you can use this hilly road drawing guide. It even includes the tree that was swept away!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Landslide
How to Draw a Great Looking Landslide for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the landslide outline by drawing a series of curved lines. This outlines the mud as it travels from the hillside into the road.
Easy Landslide Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another series of overlapping curved lines, punctuated by irregular round shapes. These indicate the top of the mudslide and rocks or boulders that came down with it.
Easy Landslide Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose the round shape of a boulder at the edge of the landslide. Then draw two pairs of parallel curved lines below the mud. These are the sides of the road.
On one side of the road, extend a long curved line and double it back upon itself. This is one portion of the broken guardrail.
Easy Landslide Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a curved line from one side of the guardrail and double it back upon itself. Draw more wavy and jagged lines, extending the mudslide further down the hill.
Easy Landslide Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw irregular round shapes within the landslide to indicate more boulders. Draw more curved lines to indicate another portion of the guardrail. Conclude the broken portion with a small oval.
Easy Landslide Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw more rocks above and below the landslide. Use curved lines to create a branching tree uprooted by the landslide.
Easy Landslide Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw curved rectangles in the middle of the road to form the central line. Use a series of curved lines to draw tufts of grass along the side of the road.
Add More Details to Your Landslide Picture - Step 8
8. Draw mountains in the distance, indicating the terrain in which this landslide happened. For each mountain, use curved lines to create the overlapping "V" shapes.
Complete the Outline of Your Landslide Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw clouds in the sky, using straight lines for the bottoms of the clouds and a series of curved lines for each top.
Color Your Landslide Drawing
Your cartoon landslide is complete. We've colored ours brown with gray rocks. The road is black, and the roadside plants are green.
For more great landscape drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute How to Draw Landscape Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Landslide Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).