Learn how to draw a great looking Medicine Bottle with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Medicine Bottle.
Are you wondering how to draw a medicine bottle for your next art project? You've come to the right place. This easy, step-by-step object drawing guide will show you how.
How can you use this simple medicine bottle cartoon? You can use it to make a sign letting others know where the first aid kit is in your home or classroom. Or, you could use it to illustrate a school report.
You might even use it as part of a story when you draw your own comics or cartoons.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Notice that the medicine bottle is marked with a red cross instead of words. In this case, the cross is not a religious symbol.
For more than 150 years, a red cross has symbolized doctors, nurses, and their equipment - as well as their commitment to treating everyone without partiality. Even in a war zone, this symbol protects medical personnel from being fired upon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Medicine Bottle
How to Draw a Great Looking Medicine Bottle for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the medicine bottle outline by drawing a wide "U" shaped line. This will form the bottom of the bottle.
Easy Medicine Bottle Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the line on one side, forming the pill bottle's straight side and rounded shoulder. Then extend a short, straight line upward to begin the bottle's neck.
Easy Medicine Bottle Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the bottle's side, shoulder, and neck on the opposite side, creating a mirror image of the first side.
Easy Medicine Bottle Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the bottle's lid. Draw a curved line across the top of the bottle, intersecting and extending past the bottle's neck on each side. Then, extend straight lines upward from each side to form the sides of the cap.
Easy Medicine Bottle Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a curved line to connect the sides of the lid, completely enclosing it. Give the lid a three-dimensional, cylindrical appearance by drawing another curved line across the top.
Easy Medicine Bottle Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two horizontal curved lines across the front of the bottle. These outline the top and bottom of the bottle's label.
Easy Medicine Bottle Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw short vertical lines along the side of the lid. These provide the texture that allows a person to grip and open the bottle.
Add More Details to Your Medicine Bottle Picture - Step 8
8. Begin outlining an "L" shape on the bottle's label, using short, straight lines. This will become the identifying cross symbol.
Complete the Outline of Your Medicine Bottle Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish drawing the cross shape using straight lines.
Color Your Medicine Bottle Drawing
Your pill bottle outline is now complete. Color your cartoon medicine bottle. We've given our illustration a white label with a red cross. The bottle is blue and the top is green. In many places, prescription medicine bottles are orange with a white top.
For more great man-made objects drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Man-Made Objects Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Medicine Bottle Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).