Learn how to draw a great looking Broken Mirror with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Broken Mirror.
A broken mirror can be a symbol of anger, heartbreak or bad luck. Learn how to draw a broken mirror so that you can practice human faces and geometric shapes.
Superstitious people believe that it's bad luck to break a mirror. "Remedies" include burying the broken glass and lighting seven candles. Breaking a mirror probably won't curse you, but picking up the pieces can be inconvenient.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This cartoon broken mirror reflects a woman's face gazing at the shards. You can check out this woman's face drawing guide if you've never drawn a person before. Afterward, use your skills to complete this drawing.
You'll be drawing geometric shapes, so use a ruler to keep the lines straight and even. You can be more flexible when you draw the face--after all, human features aren't perfect.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Broken Mirror
How to Draw a Great Looking Broken Mirror for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with two diagonal lines near the middle of the page. Sketch vertical and horizontal lines underneath to make blocky and triangular shapes. Measure the lines on this guide with a ruler, then use the measurements to draw an exact match.
Easy Broken Mirror Drawing - Step 2
2. Repeat the process to make more blocky and triangular shapes on the top half of the page. The shapes should point toward the center.
Easy Broken Mirror Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw three smaller shapes, then sketch a curve inside a shape on the left with dashes for eyelashes.
Easy Broken Mirror Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the eye with another curve underneath, then draw circles for the iris and pupil. Sketch short lines around the eye for added detail. This should look similar to the eyes on a cartoon cute girl face drawing.
Easy Broken Mirror Drawing - Step 5
5. Repeat the previous step inside a shape on the right. The left side of the shape should overlap the eye. Sketch two curves inside the shape underneath to start the nose.
Easy Broken Mirror Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the nose with a horizontal W-shape and another curve to the right. Draw a long, flattened M-shape with dashes on each end to start the mouth. Sketch a taller M-shape on top and a curve underneath.
Easy Broken Mirror Drawing - Step 7
7. Outline the hairline with loops in the shapes near the top of the page. Sketch curved lines for the ear on the left. Draw wavy lines that end in a point for the left eyebrow.
Add More Details to Your Broken Mirror Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another blocky shape to the left. Sketch lines, curves and cracks throughout the broken mirror shards.
Complete the Outline of Your Broken Mirror Drawing - Step 9
9. Use the ruler to draw small triangles and uneven rectangles around the bigger shards. Add a few more lines throughout the drawing.
Color Your Broken Mirror Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon broken mirror with black ink. Fill in the pupils, and use thicker lines for the eyelashes. Add your favorite skin tone with reddish-brown for the hair, light blue for the eyes and pink for the lips.
For more great man-made objects drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Man-Made Objects Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Broken Mirror Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).