Learn how to draw a great looking Mirror with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Mirror.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all? Find out with the help of this easy, step-by-step mirror drawing tutorial.
There are many types of mirrors, but the one in this illustration is called a hand mirror or looking glass. It consists of an oval-shaped mirror in a frame, with a handle below it.
A mirror like this one may also be called a looking glass. They often feature in fairy tales about princesses or stories like Alice in Wonderland. Can you draw your own illustrated storybook?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You will use simple oval shapes and curved lines to complete this drawing. When finished, pay special attention to how the shading in our example makes the mirror look reflective.
Drawing idea: Can you draw your own reflection in the mirror?
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw an Easy Robert Delaunay Art Project for Kids or Easy Marc Chagall Art Project for Kids Drawing tutorials.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Mirror
How to Draw a Great Looking Mirror for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the mirror outline by drawing two curved lines. These will become the mirror's handle.
Easy Mirror Drawing - Step 2
2. Connect the bottom of the handle with a curved line. At the top, draw a cloudlike series of curved lines. This is one of the decorative elements of the mirror.
Easy Mirror Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue drawing curved lines, allowing them to meet at a point at the bottom. Then draw a small oval near the bottom of the handle.
Easy Mirror Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a curved line from each side of the handle. Then, extend another curved line from each of the previous lines. This begins the outline of the mirror's frame.
Easy Mirror Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long curved line for the side of the mirror. Draw a shorter curved line at its top.
Easy Mirror Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another long and short curved line on the opposite side, creating a mirror image.
Easy Mirror Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend curved lines upward from each side of the frame, and allow them to meet at a gentle point. This fully encloses the shape of the mirror.
Add More Details to Your Mirror Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a large oval within the frame to outline the shape of the mirror itself. Then, draw a straight line across it at a diagonal angle. This will help the mirror appear to reflect light.
Complete the Outline of Your Mirror Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more straight lines across the mirror at various diagonal angles.
Your mirror outline is now complete.
Color Your Mirror Drawing
Color your cartoon looking glass. We have given ours a gold frame, but you could color your mirror silver or some other color.
Did you notice that the mirror itself is shaded in light blue and white? This combination makes the paper mirror appear to be reflecting light.
For more great man-made objects drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Man-Made Objects Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Mirror Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).