Learn how to draw a great looking Shoe with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Shoe.
Shoes are a very ordinary item. In most parts of the world, people wear them everyday to protect their feet from injury or cold. This drawing guide will show you how to easily draw a shoe or sneaker.
Shoes, however, have become much more than foot protection. Today, many people select their shoes as a decorative item, a symbol of self-expression.
Tennis shoes, also called sneakers, are among the most popular. Designed as athletic shoes, they are now worn casually as well.
The name "sneakers" was recorded as early as 1887, because the rubber sole was very quiet compared to the leather soles often used at that time.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw your own pair of kicks? Doing so is easier than ever with the help of this simple, step-by-step shoe drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a sheet of paper, a pencil, and a good eraser.
If you have crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints on hand, you can shade your sneakers in bright colors.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Shoe
How to Draw a Great Looking Shoe for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a rectangle. This box will serve as a guide for drawing your shoe.
Easy Shoe Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long, straight line across the bottom of the rectangle. This will form the sole of the shoe.
Easy Shoe Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long, curved line from one side of the rectangle to the other, outlining the shape of the shoe's top. Note the mountain-like crests that form the back and tongue of the shoe, and the curved area that indicates the toe.
Easy Shoe Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the outline of the shoe. Draw curved lines from the sole of the shoe to the curve of the toe. Draw short, curved lines at the back of the sole and heel of the shoe. Draw a curved line from the shoe's back to its interior, giving the drawing depth.
Easy Shoe Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the guide lines formed by the original rectangle. You should now see a clean outline of the shoe.
Easy Shoe Drawing - Step 6
6. Add stitching to the body of the shoe. Enclose the toe using a curved line. Draw a slightly curved line from the top of the shoe to the toe to indicate the tongue, the area that has the laces. Finally, draw a curved line from the tongue to the sole of the shoe.
Easy Shoe Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the laces. For each lace, enclose a small, curved shape using short, curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Shoe Picture - Step 8
8. Erase the guide lines from the laces.
Complete the Outline of Your Shoe Drawing - Step 9
9. Add some final details of stitching to the shoe. Draw a curved line parallel to the line denoting the tongue, the curve of the toe, the curved line from the tongue to the sole, and the opening of the shoe.
Color Your Shoe Drawing
10. Color your shoe. Tennis shoes can come in any color you can imagine, so be creative!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Shoe Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).