Learn how to draw a great looking Feet with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Feet.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
The foot is the part of the body that allows us to stand, walk, and run.
Since the foot is so important to our daily life and even to our survival, it comes as no surprise that this humble part of our anatomy has long played a major role in human culture.
For example, many cultures have norms as to when the feet should be covered or uncovered.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Throughout Asia, it is generally considered rude to wear shoes in a home or other private buildings.
In America, Europe, and elsewhere, people go to great lengths to cover their feet with elaborate shoes, even if those shoes are uncomfortable.
A "foot" is still a common measurement, especially in the United States. The "foot" has been used since antiquity; its exact length has varied, but it has been generally considered about the length of the physical foot.
In this way, distance could be measured by walking with one foot placed directly in front of the other.
Many colloquial phrases include the word "foot."
To "put your foot in your mouth" means to say something you did not mean, and has been used since 1942.
"Put your best foot forward" was first used in 1849, and William Shakespeare had used a similar phrase in 1596.
The term "footloose," meaning "free," was first recorded in the 1690s.
Of course, feet also feature in art when people are the subject.
Do your drawing skills need a pedicure? Learn to draw realistic feet using this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
To draw your feet, you will need only a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a good eraser.
In each step, you will see an illustration as well as explanatory text.
New lines added in each step are highlighted in blue, while previously drawn lines fade to black.
In some steps, you will erase lines.
When finished, you may color your drawing using crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints.
Now, give your drawings a leg to stand on with the help of this simple drawing guide.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Legs, Baby, and Cartoon Hair.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Feet
How to Draw a Great Looking Feet for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a set of parallel lines, vertical and slightly curved. One line should be longer than the other. This will form the ankle and lower leg attached to one of the feet.
Easy Feet Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a second set of curved, vertical, parallel lines, forming a mirror image of the first.
Easy Feet Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a circle connecting each set of parallel lines. This will outline the ankle and aid in drawing the rest of the foot.
Easy Feet Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two curved lines from the circle, outlining the top and bottom of the foot. Note how the bottom line includes a sharp bend, indicating the heel of the foot.
Easy Feet Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a set of curved lines extending from the second circle, forming a mirror image. This outlines the top and bottom of the second foot.
Easy Feet Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose each foot using a curved line.
Easy Feet Drawing - Step 7
7. Define the shape of the legs and ankles, allowing the curved lines to cross into the circles. Then, add the detail of toes to the tip of the foot. For each toe, draw a curved, "U" shaped line, allowing the lines to connect and overlap.
Add More Details to Your Feet Picture - Step 8
8. Erase the guide lines from the legs, ankles, and toes. You now have a clean outline of the feet.
Complete the Outline of Your Feet Drawing - Step 9
9. Add detail to your feet. For each ankle, draw a set of short, curved lines to define the ankle bone. Enclose a rounded rectangular shape at the tip of each toe to indicate the toe nails.
Color Your Feet Drawing
10. Color your feet - maybe even add a little nail polish!
For more great Body drawing tutorials, see the 37 Body Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Feet Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).