Learn how to draw a great looking Boots with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Boots.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Boots are an ancient form of footwear originally designed to protect the wearer from cold, moisture, or other hazards.
The earliest boots consisted of three parts - called soles, uppers, and leggings - that were worn in an overlapping fashion to protect the foot, ankle, and leg. Around 1,000 B.C., the first one-piece boots were invented.
Today, boots come in many styles. Steel toed boots protect construction workers, while other boots are used in such applications as horseback riding, hiking, flight suits, and the military.
Cowboy boots have became a well-known symbol of the American west, and these and other styles of boots are considered fashion accessories.
Rain boots, or galoshes, are often brightly colored and worn by both children and adults in rainy weather.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw your own pair of sturdy boots? Doing so is now easier than ever with the aid of this simple, step-by-step boot drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a piece of paper, a pencil, and a good eraser. If you have crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints on hand, you can color your drawing when finished.
In each step of this drawing guide, you will find detailed illustrations accompanied by explanatory text. Pay close attention to the light blue lines, as these indicate new lines being added.
In some steps, you will need to erase lines previously drawn.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Feet, Shoe, and Legs.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Boots
How to Draw a Great Looking Boots for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a cylinder. To draw the cylinder, start with a set of vertical, parallel lines. Connect the lines with a curved line at both the top and bottom. Then, enclose an oval shape at the top using an additional curved line. You now have a three dimensional cylinder.
Easy Boots Drawing - Step 2
2. Using the cylinder as a guide, add detail to the outline of the boot. On each side of the cylinder, draw a curved line that passes in and out of the cylinder. Draw a small, rounded triangle at the bottom of the cylinder to indicate the point where the bottom of the shoe meets the heel.
Easy Boots Drawing - Step 3
3. Using a long, curved line, outline the toe of the shoe. Notice the blunt point formed where the sole and the top of the shoe meet.
Easy Boots Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase the guide lines formed by the cylinder.
Easy Boots Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin the second boot by drawing another cylinder. Since this boot is partially hidden by the first, you can use one straight, vertical line and two curved lines to enclose the shape.
Easy Boots Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw curved lines on each side of the cylinder to detail the outline of the boot.
Easy Boots Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a long, curved line to outline the boot's toe.
Add More Details to Your Boots Picture - Step 8
8. Erase any guide lines to leave a clean outline of your boots.
Complete the Outline of Your Boots Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail your boots with straps. For each strap, enclose a curved rectangle using short, curved lines. Draw a long, curved line parallel to the bottom of the boot, forming the sole. Finally, draw a curved line across the top of the toe.
Color Your Boots Drawing
10. Color your boots. Will they be manly, brown work boots? Or brightly colored rain boots? Be creative, as the choice is yours.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Boots Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).