Learn how to draw a great looking Anime Boy Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Anime Boy Face.
Ash Ketchum. Goku. Lelouch Lamperouge. "Kirito" Kazuto Kirigaya. Takeya Ikuhara. Junpei Kousaka. Rin Okumura. Gray Fullbuster. The list could go on as we consider the "classic" male anime or manga character.
With piercing eyes and unruly locks of dark hair, these anime look-alikes often steal the show.
Anime is a style of Japanese animation that is now popular all over the world. Anime characters typically have large, expressive eyes, a colorful appearance, and even more colorful personalities.
Did you know? The first anime was produced in 1917. The modern style emerged during the 1960s. In 2016, 60 percent of the world's television cartoons were anime.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw an anime boy's side profile view face? This easy, step-by-step anime side view or manga drawing guide is designed to show you how.
You will be using guide lines - namely, a circle and perpendicular straight lines - to help you draw the face with the proper proportions. As you go along, you will need to erase these guide lines.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Anime Side Profile
How to Draw a Great Looking Anime Boy Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will serve as a guide line for crafting the shape of the head.
Easy Anime Boy Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a straight vertical line and a straight horizontal line through the center of the circle. The lines should cross at a perpendicular angle exactly at the circle's middle. The horizontal line should extend some distance beneath the circle, forming a "t" shape.
Easy Anime Boy Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin sketching the lower face. The face should be located in the lower-left quadrant formed by the perpendicular lines. Use short, curved lines to sketch the nose, lips, chin, and neck of the anime side view.
Easy Anime Boy Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a short straight line and a short curved line to enclose the mouth.
Easy Anime Boy Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a "C" shaped line to outline the ear. The ear should cross the vertical guide line, appearing in both lower quadrants of the head. Then, use a series of short curved lines to detail the inner ear.
Easy Anime Boy Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase the circle from the lower left quadrant of the head. Then, erase the perpendicular lines. You now have a clean outline of the anime side profile head. He's bald, a state which the next will rectify.
Easy Anime Boy Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a series of curved lines of various lengths to sketch the hair. Notice how the lines meet in gentle to sharp points, forming locks of hair. These locks are especially prevalent around the face and at the back of the head. Use another curved line to draw the back of the neck.
Add More Details to Your Anime Boy Face Picture - Step 8
8. Erase the guide line left by the original circle that appears within the outline of the hair. Now, you again have a clean outline.
Complete the Outline of Your Anime Boy Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the hair with a series of short, curved lines that meet at jagged points. Detail the face by drawing the eye. Use three curved lines to sketch the triangular shape of the eye, allowing the lines to extend past the forward-facing short side of the triangle.
Darken the eyelid, and draw several successively smaller ovals at the front of the eye. Shade between the two smallest to form the pupil. Draw a curved line parallel to the top of the eye, defining the lid. Use a pair of curved lines to draw the eyebrow, pointed on each end.
Color Your Anime Boy Face Drawing
Color your anime side view head. You can stick with the "classic" hero we discussed at the outset, or color your character any way you would like. Make his hair black, brown, blonde, red, grey, or white - or, get really creative with colors like blue, pink, or purple!
For even more great Anime drawing tutorials, see the 31 Cute Anime Drawings post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Anime Boy Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).