Learn how to draw a great looking Astronaut with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Astronaut.
Would you like to explore the solar system? Get started with this easy, step-by-step drawing guide, as you learn how to draw an astronaut.
Astronauts are ordinary people, but they must wear special gear to survive the rigors of outer space. You can see the round helmet and square backpack in this astronaut drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The word astronaut comes from the ancient Greek term "star sailor." Does that give you the inspiration to create a star-sailing comic or story? You can use this rocket ship drawing to get your astronaut where he needs to go.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Astronaut
How to Draw a Great Looking Astronaut for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon astronaut outline by drawing the astronaut helmet. Draw an oval with a line along one side of it. Then, enclose another, larger oval alongside it. Draw curved lines along the top and bottom of the visor.
Easy Astronaut Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the top of the helmet with its ridges, as well as the neck and shoulder of the spacesuit.
Easy Astronaut Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose two rectangles, the upper and lower arms of the spacesuit. Connect them with short lines, and enclose an oval at the elbow. Then, enclose rounded shapes to form the fingers.
Easy Astronaut Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a pair of curved lines to begin the torso of the spacesuit. Then, draw a series of rectangles and partial rectangles, beginning the remaining arm.
Easy Astronaut Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another rounded rectangle at the end of the arm. Enclose curved fingers at the end of it. Band the fingers with curved lines.
Easy Astronaut Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a rectangular prism on the chest of the spacesuit - a rectangle with an "L" shaped line along one side. On the face of the rectangle, enclose one small rectangle, two narrow rectangles, and two small circles. At the bottom of the torso, begin enclosing a half-oval shape, with a half-circle notch in the front.
Easy Astronaut Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose several overlapping round shapes, forming the leg and foot of the spacesuit.
Add More Details to Your Astronaut Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the remaining leg. Use curved lines to create two irregular rectangle shapes and a rounded triangle shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Astronaut Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to enclose the square backpack of the astronaut. Draw a small oval near the top of it. Then, draw pairs of curved lines on both sides, from the backpack to the helmet. Band these hoses with short curved lines.
Color Your Astronaut Drawing
Your cartoon astronaut outline is now complete. Color your character. Space suits are often white, but may have elements in other colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Astronaut Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).